Sen. Shaheen outraged by dismissal of USAF sex assault case against short colonel convicted in Nov.
The Air Force Times reported last month that Lt. Col. James Wilkerson, a former inspector general at Aviano Air Base in Italy, had been convicted on Nov. 2 on charges of abusive sexual contact, aggravated sexual assault and three instances of conduct unbecoming of an officer and a gentleman. The incident had involved a civilian employee. Wilkerson was sentenced to a year in prison and dismissal from the service. But Lt. Gen. Craig Franklin, the commander of 3rd Air Force, later dismissed the charges. The Air Force Times reported that Franklin had concluded that the evidence was insufficient to meet the burden of proof beyond a reasonable doubt.
LATEST NEW HAMPSHIRE ANGLE
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Strawbery Banke Museum pays tribute to military past and present - 0
- Newmont Military Band conjures sights, sounds of earlier century - 0
- Trial lawyers recount Whitey Bulger case, 'Departed' film screened at Red Rivers - 0
- It's a bard-worthy ShakesBEERience - 0
- Hundreds of Monadnock Region students team with professional musicians - 0
- Dartmouth musicians tackle 'Mahler boot camp' - 0
- White Mountains attractions launch unofficial start to seaso - 0
- Waterville Valley hosts Chowderfest & Brews fest, fishing derby - 0
- Annual springtime festival blooms as Portsmouth historic site - 0
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
New Hampshire Club News
Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands