Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Alleged Craigslist thieves face felony charges
The suspects, Adam Quinney, 22, of Weare, Daniel Chesley, 23, of Conway, and Allen Downs, 27, of Weare were arrested in November following a police investigation and surveillance at a storage facility on Route 25/Whittier Highway in Moultonborough.
According to the indictments, Quinney, Chesley and Downs are charged with one count of conspiracy, two counts of theft by unauthorized taking, and one count of attempted theft by unauthorized taking, all felony level offenses.
The trio allegedly created an ad they posted on Craigslist, advertising a tractor and truck bed free for the taking at a location on Whittier Highway. They then arrived at the location and loaded the tractor onto a trailer. They also allegedly stole tools, Co2 tanks, copper and brass pipes, and electric motors with a total value of more than $1,500.
In a prior interview, Moultonborough Police Department Sgt. Peter Beebe said the arrests resulted from investigations into two separate thefts from the same storage area in late October, early November. He said they first posted the ad for the tractor on Craigslist then came and took the tractor. The ad was posted ostensibly to create an alibi, said Beebe.
When the men allegedly returned to the storage area on Friday, police had set up surveillance on the property and caught the men stealing a truck bed and other items. The tractor was recovered at a Tamworth salvage yard where it had been sold for scrap.
Arraignments on these and other new felony indictment cases will be held on March 13 at Carroll County Superior Court in Ossipee. The morning docket begins at 8:45 a.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 2
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 2
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- VFW still eyeing old Crown Hill fire station in Nashua for new home - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'