Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Alleged Craigslist thieves face felony charges
The suspects, Adam Quinney, 22, of Weare, Daniel Chesley, 23, of Conway, and Allen Downs, 27, of Weare were arrested in November following a police investigation and surveillance at a storage facility on Route 25/Whittier Highway in Moultonborough.
According to the indictments, Quinney, Chesley and Downs are charged with one count of conspiracy, two counts of theft by unauthorized taking, and one count of attempted theft by unauthorized taking, all felony level offenses.
The trio allegedly created an ad they posted on Craigslist, advertising a tractor and truck bed free for the taking at a location on Whittier Highway. They then arrived at the location and loaded the tractor onto a trailer. They also allegedly stole tools, Co2 tanks, copper and brass pipes, and electric motors with a total value of more than $1,500.
In a prior interview, Moultonborough Police Department Sgt. Peter Beebe said the arrests resulted from investigations into two separate thefts from the same storage area in late October, early November. He said they first posted the ad for the tractor on Craigslist then came and took the tractor. The ad was posted ostensibly to create an alibi, said Beebe.
When the men allegedly returned to the storage area on Friday, police had set up surveillance on the property and caught the men stealing a truck bed and other items. The tractor was recovered at a Tamworth salvage yard where it had been sold for scrap.
Arraignments on these and other new felony indictment cases will be held on March 13 at Carroll County Superior Court in Ossipee. The morning docket begins at 8:45 a.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former Littleton man sentenced to prison for crash that injured 4 - 1
- Pelham man arrested in theft of jewelry - 0
- UPDATE: Mass. man wanted for targeting victims through online dating site arrested - 4
- Police suspect same man with small bat robbed Bow store, failed in Goffstown try - 0
- Driver was trying to kill himself - 20
- 2 NH men accused of drug trafficking - 0
- Ex-Goffstown teacher indicted on sexual assault charges - 3
- Claremont police identify suspect in three armed robberies - 1
- Three boys accused of vandalizing Lakes Region Boys and Girls Club - 1
- Newton couple accused of assaulting 1-month-old infant - 1
- New health insurer to enter NH marketplace in 2015 - 0
- Firefighters from 10 communities fight second 3-alarm fire in one day in Loudon - 0
- UPDATE: Lancaster man, 74, killed in head-on Columbia crash - 0
- Parents share what makes Abigail a special girl - 0
- UPDATE: Mother, daughter fell from Crotched Mountain ski lift - 1
- AL East looks loaded again in 2014 - 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Potential GOP presidential hopeful US Rep. Pete King to return to NH on MondayREADER COMMENTS: 0
Driver was trying to kill himself
Big tipper stops for lunch
2 NH men accused of drug trafficking
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424