Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Alleged Craigslist thieves face felony charges
The suspects, Adam Quinney, 22, of Weare, Daniel Chesley, 23, of Conway, and Allen Downs, 27, of Weare were arrested in November following a police investigation and surveillance at a storage facility on Route 25/Whittier Highway in Moultonborough.
According to the indictments, Quinney, Chesley and Downs are charged with one count of conspiracy, two counts of theft by unauthorized taking, and one count of attempted theft by unauthorized taking, all felony level offenses.
The trio allegedly created an ad they posted on Craigslist, advertising a tractor and truck bed free for the taking at a location on Whittier Highway. They then arrived at the location and loaded the tractor onto a trailer. They also allegedly stole tools, Co2 tanks, copper and brass pipes, and electric motors with a total value of more than $1,500.
In a prior interview, Moultonborough Police Department Sgt. Peter Beebe said the arrests resulted from investigations into two separate thefts from the same storage area in late October, early November. He said they first posted the ad for the tractor on Craigslist then came and took the tractor. The ad was posted ostensibly to create an alibi, said Beebe.
When the men allegedly returned to the storage area on Friday, police had set up surveillance on the property and caught the men stealing a truck bed and other items. The tractor was recovered at a Tamworth salvage yard where it had been sold for scrap.
Arraignments on these and other new felony indictment cases will be held on March 13 at Carroll County Superior Court in Ossipee. The morning docket begins at 8:45 a.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bodies of mother, son found in Amherst home in apparent murder-suicide - 0
- UPS driver charged in hit-and-run at Merrimack business - 0
- Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children - 3
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Nashua man charged in domestic knife threat - 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Widow of chiropractor killed this summer says fatal shooting was no accident - 6
- Man claims rights were violated during investigation - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's job problem needs more than one fix - 1
- USNH's raw deal: Part deux - 0
- Every vote counts: Here is the proof - 0
- College Sports Roundup: NEC's Locke scores twice in soccer win - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Campbell, Jutras blank Gilford - 0
- Pirates stay hot, blank Red Sox - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua - 1
- NHIAA Golf: Crusaders teeing up special year - 0
Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua
Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof
- Total Votes: 917