Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Alleged Craigslist thieves face felony charges
The suspects, Adam Quinney, 22, of Weare, Daniel Chesley, 23, of Conway, and Allen Downs, 27, of Weare were arrested in November following a police investigation and surveillance at a storage facility on Route 25/Whittier Highway in Moultonborough.
According to the indictments, Quinney, Chesley and Downs are charged with one count of conspiracy, two counts of theft by unauthorized taking, and one count of attempted theft by unauthorized taking, all felony level offenses.
The trio allegedly created an ad they posted on Craigslist, advertising a tractor and truck bed free for the taking at a location on Whittier Highway. They then arrived at the location and loaded the tractor onto a trailer. They also allegedly stole tools, Co2 tanks, copper and brass pipes, and electric motors with a total value of more than $1,500.
In a prior interview, Moultonborough Police Department Sgt. Peter Beebe said the arrests resulted from investigations into two separate thefts from the same storage area in late October, early November. He said they first posted the ad for the tractor on Craigslist then came and took the tractor. The ad was posted ostensibly to create an alibi, said Beebe.
When the men allegedly returned to the storage area on Friday, police had set up surveillance on the property and caught the men stealing a truck bed and other items. The tractor was recovered at a Tamworth salvage yard where it had been sold for scrap.
Arraignments on these and other new felony indictment cases will be held on March 13 at Carroll County Superior Court in Ossipee. The morning docket begins at 8:45 a.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police searching for bank robber - 0
- Victim: Indecent proposition from New London chief was 'chilling' - 16
- New Hampshire police part of funeral for slain NYC officer - 7
- NH had 17 homicides in 2014, down from last year - 0
- Two people hospitalized following report of stabbing, police say - 0
- Merrimack teen charged in threats, assaults on girl - 1
- Man arrested after chase that led from Pelham to Lowell, Mass. - 1
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive - 3
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive, assaulted her - 2
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Your Turn, NH -- Jolyon Johnson: Mount Sunapee's expansion is not in NH's best interests - 1
- A good story soothes any savage beast ... at least until Poppop leaves for work - 0
- Pressuring FairPoint: Dems take a safe stand - 5
- Parker scholar cites Inter-Lakes academic advances - 0
- Secret speakeasy returns city to Roaring 20s - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Pats go through the motions - 0
- In Plaistow, business owner is seeing stars - 0
- New owners of North Woodstock dinner train plan to expand to year-round - 0
- Motivation Matters: Keep New Year's resolutions by choosing the right motivation - 0
DWI License Revocations
Instead of a ticket, he got $100 from police
Details of Reams inquiry released
A working port: For a working state
Details of Reams inquiry released
Pressuring FairPoint: Dems take a safe stand
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483