May 24, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Nashua man, 81, to plead guilty to sexually assaulting girl, 14
Paul Caya appeared in Hillsborough County Superior Court Monday with his attorney, Charles Keefe, and said he intends to plead guilty to one count of felonious sexual assault and one count of prostitution. Both charges, which are class B felonies, are alleged to have occurred in the summer of 2011.
Prosecutor Dave Tencza said he plans to ask the court to sentence Caya to 3½ to seven years in prison with another 3½ years to seven years suspended.
Caya is expected to plead guilty during a hearing on April 1, which will give lawyers for both sides time to prepare sentencing arguments.
After pleading guilty, Caya's bail will be revoked and he will immediately be escorted to jail to begin his sentence.
Tencza said Caya's alleged victim, now 16, was prepared to testify but now won't have to.
"However, there is still a case pending against his accomplice Ashley Xiggores, and (the victim) will have to testify in that case if it goes to trial," Tencza said.
Keefe has publicly stated that aside from a 2012 conviction for control of a premises where controlled drugs were kept, Caya has no record.
However, there are media accounts from just over three years ago of Caya being arrested in Nashua for allegedly attempting to kidnap a young boy.
Xiggores, 26, of 36½ Lovell St., is still scheduled to go to trial, with jury selection beginning April 1.
Xiggores faces seven counts of criminal liability to another for felonious sexual assault and one count of criminal solicitation to prostitution.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Portsmouth drug raid nets four arrests for sale of heroin - 0
- Manchester Market clerk robbed by man armed with knife - 0
- Man who spent days under Salem woman's trailer recording sentenced to prison - 2
- Man sought for attempting to lure girl into white van near Nashua school - 0
- Lawyer who made porn videos of teenage daughter gets 40 years in jail - 33
- Trial delayed for Epping man charged with shooting romantic rival - 9
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 3
- Somersworth man indicted for Market Basket robbery in Epping - 1
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Gosselin stepping down as city AD - 0
- Lackey sharp as Red Sox pound Cleveland, Masterson - 0
- Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford netmen earn spot in state final - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather this weekend may be more like Veterans Day - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Memorial Day services, events around NH
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424