Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Pelham to vote on kindergarten addition, SAU office
The approval of Article 6 on the school ballot would result in the construction of a new kindergarten addition at Pelham Elementary School, with $1 million of project funding coming from state kindergarten building aid.
Passage of Article 2 on the town warrant would result in the renovation of six classrooms inside the town's municipal complex for use as the town's new school administrative offices and would cost the town $99,700 in the initial year if it passes at this year's polls.
The proposed $13,093,475 municipal budget, which reflects a $242,000 increase in employee health costs, was moved forward to the March ballot with little fanfare. Other town articles include $62,813 warrant item for the hiring of a new police communications center supervisor and the purchase of equipment. Both would be funded through the police department's operating budget.
A collective bargaining agreement with the Pelham Education Association, the town's teachers' union, would cost zero dollars in the coming year but would increase the budget by $363,283 in the following year to reflect increases in salaries and benefits, school officials said. A separate contract with the district's support staff union would cost an additional $60,280 next year to reflect salary and benefits increases.
Voting on all school warrant items will take place at Pelham High School on Tuesday, March 12. The polls will be open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Manchester makes move to outsource student driver education program - 3
- Nashua education board chair concerned about test scores - 0
- Dartmouth scholar to co-lead Arctic initiative - 0
- Manchester school health costs down, but plans called 'generous' - 0
- Manchester school board reaffirms 'get tough' policy for student assaults - 3
- Pinkerton Academy to issue refunds to sending towns - 0
- New Boston firefighters share safety tips with elementary school students - 0
- Public hearing on proposed school bonds - 1
- Crotched Mtn. school suit alleges abuse - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester pair arrested for fighting in Merrimack parking lot - 0
- Nashua man who was shot by officer sentenced to 5-10 years - 0
- Election Day hotline established to report suspected voter fraud, abuse - 1
- Nashua man charged in child sexual assault - 0
- Two accused of trafficking women in Hampton, Hooksett and Manchester - 0
- 'Fugitive of Week' captured in Hooksett - 0
- Pedestrian struck in Keene - 0
- NHIAA Cross Country: Moskowitz, Kimball primed for Meet of Champions battle - 0
- Salem coach Rich has seen playoff runs from both sidelines - 0
Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four
School's out for voters