DOVER - Portsmouth Christian Academy at Dover will hold its 18th annual auction to benefit tuition assistance on Saturday, March 16, on the PCA campus.
This event has become one of the largest in the Seacoast area, each year drawing approximately 400 attendees. Last year, because of the more than 400 items on which to bid, the event raised more than $82,000.
Among the many items up for bid this year are trips, hotel stays, meals at local restaurants and sports items like autographed jerseys, framed photos and Red Sox game tickets with round-trip travel to Yankee Stadium.
The public is invited to this special event. A silent and live auction preview will be held Friday, March 15, from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. On Saturday, from 7 a.m. to 8:30 a.m., the silent auction will continue, followed by the live auction from 8:45 a.m. to noon.
For information, call 742-3617, ext. 142, or visit pcaschool.org/support/events.html or the PCA facebook page.
Portsmouth Christian Academy is located at 20 Seaborne Drive.
Rise Again Outreach offers recovery?training sessions
LOUDON - Rise Again Outreach will be host a celebrate recovery orientation training on March 9, 16 and 23 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the New Beginnings Church of the Nazarene, 33 Staniels Road, Loudon. The orientation is 13½ hours, broken into 4½ hours each Saturday (with ½ hour for lunch, which will be provided).
The goal of the orientation is to introduce potential leaders to the celebrate recovery program and how the 12-step program and weekly large groups will work. We will then launch the large group weekly at the beginning of April with the 12-step program beginning shortly thereafter.
The cost of the orientation is free. People who want to continue and become trained as celebrate recovery large group and 12-step program leaders will be provided with the training they need at no cost, and training materials will be available for purchase directly from Rise Again Outreach.
If you are interested in joining the orientation, please contact Rise Again Outreach at (800) 266-5017 or email@example.com.
Film showing at Immanuel church
MANCHESTER - Immanuel Lutheran Church, 673 Weston Road, will show the film "The Passion of the Christ" on Saturday, March 23. Social hour is 6 p.m.; movie will be shown at 7 p.m. The event is free; babysitting provided. Rated R. Limited seating. RSVP at events@immanuel-MNH.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads