DOVER - Portsmouth Christian Academy at Dover will hold its 18th annual auction to benefit tuition assistance on Saturday, March 16, on the PCA campus.
This event has become one of the largest in the Seacoast area, each year drawing approximately 400 attendees. Last year, because of the more than 400 items on which to bid, the event raised more than $82,000.
Among the many items up for bid this year are trips, hotel stays, meals at local restaurants and sports items like autographed jerseys, framed photos and Red Sox game tickets with round-trip travel to Yankee Stadium.
The public is invited to this special event. A silent and live auction preview will be held Friday, March 15, from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. On Saturday, from 7 a.m. to 8:30 a.m., the silent auction will continue, followed by the live auction from 8:45 a.m. to noon.
For information, call 742-3617, ext. 142, or visit pcaschool.org/support/events.html or the PCA facebook page.
Portsmouth Christian Academy is located at 20 Seaborne Drive.
Rise Again Outreach offers recovery?training sessions
LOUDON - Rise Again Outreach will be host a celebrate recovery orientation training on March 9, 16 and 23 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the New Beginnings Church of the Nazarene, 33 Staniels Road, Loudon. The orientation is 13½ hours, broken into 4½ hours each Saturday (with ½ hour for lunch, which will be provided).
The goal of the orientation is to introduce potential leaders to the celebrate recovery program and how the 12-step program and weekly large groups will work. We will then launch the large group weekly at the beginning of April with the 12-step program beginning shortly thereafter.
The cost of the orientation is free. People who want to continue and become trained as celebrate recovery large group and 12-step program leaders will be provided with the training they need at no cost, and training materials will be available for purchase directly from Rise Again Outreach.
If you are interested in joining the orientation, please contact Rise Again Outreach at (800) 266-5017 or email@example.com.
Film showing at Immanuel church
MANCHESTER - Immanuel Lutheran Church, 673 Weston Road, will show the film "The Passion of the Christ" on Saturday, March 23. Social hour is 6 p.m.; movie will be shown at 7 p.m. The event is free; babysitting provided. Rated R. Limited seating. RSVP at events@immanuel-MNH.org.
READER COMMENTS: 35
- VA wait times: They are still bad - 6
- NH votes matter: A House close to the people - 2
- Power shortage: Our environmentalism tax - 18
- Turkeys for all: Thanks and giving in Manchester - 0
- Politics & pipes: Keystone's friends and enemies - 32
- A silenced voice who spoke for those who could not - 2
- Big Green grime: Dartmouth needs a cleaning - 4
- Retaliation? Right-to-know revisions could help - 1
- Classroom inputs: A Nashua literacy experiment - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police obtain warrants for suspect wanted in Dover, Manchester bank robberies - 0
- Abby Dion, 9, records a 10 in gymnastics meet - 0
- St. A skaters fall to Norwich - 0
- Monarchs lose in OT; win streak stops at 6 - 0
- Police searching for person stealing from cars in Manchester - 1
- College Football: Maine seniors want the coveted musket - 0
- College Hockey: Ice-making problem postpones UNH-PC - 0
- Pinkerton backfield a combination of power and speed - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: State Legion rejects Post 79’s request for senior team - 1
Jury acquits Mont Vernon driver, who was checking text, in death of former Amherst fire chief
Offend someone? To jail with you!
Obama to illegals: Come out of shadows
NH asks feds for waiver on Medicaid
Driver acquitted in Amherst ex-chief’s death
A kinder, gentler House Speaker?
College Football: Wildcats are CAA champs
College Hockey: Providence blanks UNH