DOVER - Portsmouth Christian Academy at Dover will hold its 18th annual auction to benefit tuition assistance on Saturday, March 16, on the PCA campus.
This event has become one of the largest in the Seacoast area, each year drawing approximately 400 attendees. Last year, because of the more than 400 items on which to bid, the event raised more than $82,000.
Among the many items up for bid this year are trips, hotel stays, meals at local restaurants and sports items like autographed jerseys, framed photos and Red Sox game tickets with round-trip travel to Yankee Stadium.
The public is invited to this special event. A silent and live auction preview will be held Friday, March 15, from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. On Saturday, from 7 a.m. to 8:30 a.m., the silent auction will continue, followed by the live auction from 8:45 a.m. to noon.
For information, call 742-3617, ext. 142, or visit pcaschool.org/support/events.html or the PCA facebook page.
Portsmouth Christian Academy is located at 20 Seaborne Drive.
Rise Again Outreach offers recovery?training sessions
LOUDON - Rise Again Outreach will be host a celebrate recovery orientation training on March 9, 16 and 23 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the New Beginnings Church of the Nazarene, 33 Staniels Road, Loudon. The orientation is 13½ hours, broken into 4½ hours each Saturday (with ½ hour for lunch, which will be provided).
The goal of the orientation is to introduce potential leaders to the celebrate recovery program and how the 12-step program and weekly large groups will work. We will then launch the large group weekly at the beginning of April with the 12-step program beginning shortly thereafter.
The cost of the orientation is free. People who want to continue and become trained as celebrate recovery large group and 12-step program leaders will be provided with the training they need at no cost, and training materials will be available for purchase directly from Rise Again Outreach.
If you are interested in joining the orientation, please contact Rise Again Outreach at (800) 266-5017 or email@example.com.
Film showing at Immanuel church
MANCHESTER - Immanuel Lutheran Church, 673 Weston Road, will show the film "The Passion of the Christ" on Saturday, March 23. Social hour is 6 p.m.; movie will be shown at 7 p.m. The event is free; babysitting provided. Rated R. Limited seating. RSVP at events@immanuel-MNH.org.
READER COMMENTS: 17
- No news is bad news: Hassan goes to CDC school - 8
- No right to know: Our silent superintendent - 1
- Boutin for Senate: Constituent service for District 16 - 3
- Sanborn for Senate: The obvious choice in District 9 - 2
- Secret arrests: Names contradict ICE narrative - 4
- Little for Senate: A voice for the Upper Valley - 1
- Edwards for Senate: A driven leader for Dist. 4 - 0
- Quieting Keene: Fight for your right to party - 3
- Teacher pay: Treat them like professionals - 21
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Husband of Salem babysitter sentenced to additional time in second sex abuse case - 0
- Keene police working to identify rioters, notify other colleges of students’ participation - 0
- Man arrested as police investigate shots fired in Manchester - 0
- Alibaba Market robbed; scratch tickets taken from Crosstown Variety on Manchester's West Side - 0
- Hearing postponed for fire official facing harrassment charges in Londonderry - 0
- Bedford woman injured when tree falls on her - 0
- Nashua man accused of choking woman - 0
- High School Football Power Poll: Some shufflling below the top four - 0
- Nigeria declared Ebola-free by WHO after containing virus - 3
Keene State College students clean up after mayhem, say weekend riots were not their fault
Keene Pumpkin Festival has uncertain future
Monitoring social media
On Obamacare: Shaheen doesn't get it
Shaheen, in Hooksett, rallies with union
On Obamacare: Shaheen doesn't get it
What rising tide? Kuster vs. Kennedy
After riots, soul-searching begins