DOVER - Portsmouth Christian Academy at Dover will hold its 18th annual auction to benefit tuition assistance on Saturday, March 16, on the PCA campus.
This event has become one of the largest in the Seacoast area, each year drawing approximately 400 attendees. Last year, because of the more than 400 items on which to bid, the event raised more than $82,000.
Among the many items up for bid this year are trips, hotel stays, meals at local restaurants and sports items like autographed jerseys, framed photos and Red Sox game tickets with round-trip travel to Yankee Stadium.
The public is invited to this special event. A silent and live auction preview will be held Friday, March 15, from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. On Saturday, from 7 a.m. to 8:30 a.m., the silent auction will continue, followed by the live auction from 8:45 a.m. to noon.
For information, call 742-3617, ext. 142, or visit pcaschool.org/support/events.html or the PCA facebook page.
Portsmouth Christian Academy is located at 20 Seaborne Drive.
Rise Again Outreach offers recovery?training sessions
LOUDON - Rise Again Outreach will be host a celebrate recovery orientation training on March 9, 16 and 23 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the New Beginnings Church of the Nazarene, 33 Staniels Road, Loudon. The orientation is 13½ hours, broken into 4½ hours each Saturday (with ½ hour for lunch, which will be provided).
The goal of the orientation is to introduce potential leaders to the celebrate recovery program and how the 12-step program and weekly large groups will work. We will then launch the large group weekly at the beginning of April with the 12-step program beginning shortly thereafter.
The cost of the orientation is free. People who want to continue and become trained as celebrate recovery large group and 12-step program leaders will be provided with the training they need at no cost, and training materials will be available for purchase directly from Rise Again Outreach.
If you are interested in joining the orientation, please contact Rise Again Outreach at (800) 266-5017 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Film showing at Immanuel church
MANCHESTER - Immanuel Lutheran Church, 673 Weston Road, will show the film "The Passion of the Christ" on Saturday, March 23. Social hour is 6 p.m.; movie will be shown at 7 p.m. The event is free; babysitting provided. Rated R. Limited seating. RSVP at events@immanuel-MNH.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pope calls Foleys to offer his condolences - 0
- Inaugural organ concert at Wolfeboro church Aug. 27 - 0
- Knights of Columbus assists with Manchester church renovations - 0
- Religion calendar for NH, beginning Aug. 21 - 0
- St. Luke parish in Plaistow to hold yard sale - 0
- Manchester educator explores history of anti-semitism and the Holocaust - 0
- Hope Chapel Nashua plans a little fun on Saturday - 0
- Haitian choir sings in Hollis on Sunday - 0
- Religion Calender for the Weeks of Aug. 3 and 10 - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View - Rick Santorum: When Israel needs our help, we have to be there - 0
- Too much FahrvergnŘgen: Nashua man charged with indecent exposure while driving - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Garcia to air her first TV ad - 0
- Boston Red Sox hammer Jays for seven runs in 11th, win 11-7 - 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 1
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate