Veterans news in brief
MANCHESTER - Post 79's Sons of the American Legion will hold a meat raffle from 6 to 8 p.m., Friday at the post, 35 W. Brook St. For information, call the canteen at 623-9218.
From 8 p.m. to midnight will be karaoke night with Dennis Cousins. It will be potluck.
Monday's cribbage night starts at 6:30 p.m. The entry fee is $5.
Korean War vets trying to organize Manchester chapter
MANCHESTER - The Korean War Veterans Association of New Hampshire is in the process of forming a local chapter in the greater Manchester vicinity and would like to hear from interested veterans of all military service branches, male and female, who served during the "police action" era.
Sometimes referred to as the "Forgotten War,"this July will mark the 60th anniversary of the cessation of hostilities during which time more than 50,000 died and many thousands more were wounded or reported missing.
Membership is open to all who served during the actual war time frame beginning June 25,1950, through January 31,1955, (noncombat as well as combat) and any who served in Korea from the Sept. 3,1945, to June 25,1950, period.
For information, contact Al Heidenreich at 623-8960 or email@example.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- U.S. says Islamic State video of journalist's killing is authentic - 0
- No paper on Monday; check UnionLeader.com for updated, breaking news - 0
- Concord attorney Leahy dies - 0
- Robin Williams’ ashes are scattered in San Francisco Bay - 0
- Syracuse, Iowa crowned top party schools - 0
- Parking fines cause disputes, raise revenues - 1
- Jon Cavaiani dies at 70; desperate stand in '71 led to Medal of Honor - 0
- Meriam Ibrahim, family welcomed as long journey ends in Manchester - 2
- Moose International files suit to claim Claremont lodge - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
- Widow of chiropractor killed this summer says fatal shooting was no accident - 0
- Manchester's Delana Curtis is left out in the cold - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 7
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Brady a realist - 0
- Burning rubber: And public dollars - 0
DWI license revocations
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Strategery: A war by any other name
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Lawyer wants cellphone evidence thrown out