Veterans news in brief
MANCHESTER - Post 79's Sons of the American Legion will hold a meat raffle from 6 to 8 p.m., Friday at the post, 35 W. Brook St. For information, call the canteen at 623-9218.
From 8 p.m. to midnight will be karaoke night with Dennis Cousins. It will be potluck.
Monday's cribbage night starts at 6:30 p.m. The entry fee is $5.
Korean War vets trying to organize Manchester chapter
MANCHESTER - The Korean War Veterans Association of New Hampshire is in the process of forming a local chapter in the greater Manchester vicinity and would like to hear from interested veterans of all military service branches, male and female, who served during the "police action" era.
Sometimes referred to as the "Forgotten War,"this July will mark the 60th anniversary of the cessation of hostilities during which time more than 50,000 died and many thousands more were wounded or reported missing.
Membership is open to all who served during the actual war time frame beginning June 25,1950, through January 31,1955, (noncombat as well as combat) and any who served in Korea from the Sept. 3,1945, to June 25,1950, period.
For information, contact Al Heidenreich at 623-8960 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Agencies to offer summer food service to Derry children in need - 0
- Derry school district continues to push its high-achieving students - 0
- Keene State professor eager to explore plant’s mysteries - 0
- Windham to reconsider dodgeball ban - 0
- Hooksett students taken to nearby school after gas leak - 0
- Londonderry students who haven't had whooping cough vaccine asked to stay home - 0
- Pinkerton Academy grads told they are 'a promising generation' - 1
- Derry school district looks to boost its bandwith - 0
- Nashua South grads told to embrace lessons from challenges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 2
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 2
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 4
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?