Veterans news in brief
MANCHESTER - Post 79's Sons of the American Legion will hold a meat raffle from 6 to 8 p.m., Friday at the post, 35 W. Brook St. For information, call the canteen at 623-9218.
From 8 p.m. to midnight will be karaoke night with Dennis Cousins. It will be potluck.
Monday's cribbage night starts at 6:30 p.m. The entry fee is $5.
Korean War vets trying to organize Manchester chapter
MANCHESTER - The Korean War Veterans Association of New Hampshire is in the process of forming a local chapter in the greater Manchester vicinity and would like to hear from interested veterans of all military service branches, male and female, who served during the "police action" era.
Sometimes referred to as the "Forgotten War,"this July will mark the 60th anniversary of the cessation of hostilities during which time more than 50,000 died and many thousands more were wounded or reported missing.
Membership is open to all who served during the actual war time frame beginning June 25,1950, through January 31,1955, (noncombat as well as combat) and any who served in Korea from the Sept. 3,1945, to June 25,1950, period.
For information, contact Al Heidenreich at 623-8960 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hollis voters approve all warrant articles - 0
- With passage of high school project, Salem district ready to roll - 0
- Bedford voters approves town budget - 0
- Auburn police contract, school renovation funding approved - 0
- 'Candidate's Night' is March 25 in Merrimack - 0
- Gilmanton library funding passes by 17 votes - 0
- Teacher's contract defeated in Newfound district - 0
- Litchfield voters reject budgets - 0
- Goffstown voters reject zoning changes, OK budgets - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- A second chance: Manchester hasn't won Hooksett yet - 0
- Calling Deep Throat: Where is Obama's Mark Felt? - 0
- Monarchs know there's always room for improvement - 0
- Student artwork on display in Derry for PTA's Reflections - 0
- Town, school budgets approved in Amherst - 0
- Div. I Girls' Basketball: Bedford advances to final with ease - 0
- Boys' Hockey: Souhegan, John Stark-Hopkinton advance in Div. III - 0
- Div. II Boys' Hockey: Bow and Bedford to meet for crown - 0
- Div. I Boys' Hockey: Londonderry moves on to title game - 0
Two officers pinpointed in Weare shooting
Town, school budgets approved in Amherst
Hollis voters approve all warrant articles
Rochester firm is ready to add jobs
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to announce exploratory committee for U.S. Senate run