Deering's Jon Rheault makes NHL debut with Florida Panthers
Rheault, of Deering, was called up by the Florida Panthers on Tuesday. The right wing was playing in the AHL for the San Antonio Rampage, where he was leading the club in 37 points (17-20-37).
The announcement came in conjunction with the news that Florida's longest-tenured player, center Stephen Weiss, will undergo wrist surgery and will be lost for the rest of the season.
Rheault was a plus-1 Tuesday night as the Panthers beat Winnipeg, 4-1, in Florida.
A product of the New Hampshire Junior Monarchs and Providence College, Rheault began his AHL career in 2008-09 with the Manchester Monarchs. Since those 24 games with the Monarchs, he was played with the Ontario Reign of the ECHL, the Providence Bruins, the Monarchs again (2009-10, for 35 games), the Abbotsford Heat of the AHL, then the Rampage this season.
He was a fifth-round draft pick of the Flyers in 2006.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA - 12
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Keeping public in the dark isn't helping find Abigail - 26
- The Peace Light: A Christmas reminder for all - 0
- Doing 'less with less' Is that Gov. Hassan's new motto? - 11
- Washington Jeanne: Will Shaheen face her state? - 44
- McWages: They're about value - 82
- Night lights: Francestown freaks out - 1
- Outrage du jour Garcia, Sullivan and victimhood - 31
- Cyber Monday alarm: The sales tax monster rises - 7
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Town's Visiting Nurse Service to get new lease on life in 2014 - 0
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
- In Portsmouth, ACA primer fails to draw much interest - 0
- Heating fuel assistance funding cuts draw ire of Rep. Kuster - 0
- Nashua aldermen vote for new leadership - 0
- Negotiations with city teachers collapse; Gatsas to take over talks - 0
- Wildcats hockey team falls from national rankings - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Another battle looms for Gronk - 0
- Former Kennett quarterback bowl-bound as BC lineman - 0
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840