Deering's Jon Rheault makes NHL debut with Florida Panthers
Rheault, of Deering, was called up by the Florida Panthers on Tuesday. The right wing was playing in the AHL for the San Antonio Rampage, where he was leading the club in 37 points (17-20-37).
The announcement came in conjunction with the news that Florida's longest-tenured player, center Stephen Weiss, will undergo wrist surgery and will be lost for the rest of the season.
Rheault was a plus-1 Tuesday night as the Panthers beat Winnipeg, 4-1, in Florida.
A product of the New Hampshire Junior Monarchs and Providence College, Rheault began his AHL career in 2008-09 with the Manchester Monarchs. Since those 24 games with the Monarchs, he was played with the Ontario Reign of the ECHL, the Providence Bruins, the Monarchs again (2009-10, for 35 games), the Abbotsford Heat of the AHL, then the Rampage this season.
He was a fifth-round draft pick of the Flyers in 2006.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sanbornton voters add money back into budget - 0
- Sanbornton voters say no to SB 2 - 0
- Old building, new roads on Peterborough warrant - 0
- Sanbornton to vote again on SB2 - 0
- Employee pay, dump trucks key Sanbornton warrant - 0
- Proposed New London budget shows 3 percent increase - 0
- Conway voters ok school budget, but reject teacher's contract - 0
- Ortega, Barnes reelected to Merrimack School Board - 0
- Merrimack polls open today - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 2 dead at Nashua home; police investigating - 0
- UPDATED: Judge strikes down state education tax credit program, appeal expected - 1
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
- UPDATED: Little agreement on Medicaid expansion or revenues - 1
- Powerful storm wreaks havoc in Portsmouth - 0
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Weather Service warns of severe thunderstorms in southern NH - 0
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- House-Senate talks on voter ID bill quickly break down, but agreement still possible - 1
Big Moose RV moves to massive Route 16 lot
Traffic stops in spotlight
One era ends, another begins at Union Leader
A Medicaid reduction? That is not likely
Study recommends Millyard parking garage
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840