'Disney's Aladdin Jr.' in Derry on Friday and Saturday
This stage adaptation of the Disney hit film is filled with magic, mayhem, and flying carpet rides as well as an Academy Award-winning score with songs including "A Whole New World" and "Friend Like Me."
"Our young directors work incredibly hard and put in many long hours to make these shows a great experience for both the cast and the audience," said Pam Rodgers, 'Aladdin' producer and Kids Coop Theatre's president.
Directing Disney's "Aladdin Jr." is Londonderry High School junior Marc Lussier, 16. Music Director Rebecca ("Bekka") Beland, 18 of Derry, is a senior at Pinkerton Academy.
Choreographer Rachelle Choiniere is a home-schooled 16-year-old from Hudson. Together they direct a cast of 31 kids ages eight to 17 from Derry, Londonderry, Danville, Pelham, Hudson, Hampstead and Windham. The Young Directors are mentored by professional directors Maureen Mansfield and Marilyn Olbrict.
Tickets are $10 at kids-coop-theatre.org.
Arts & Entertainment
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Mind your (flea-market) manners - 1
- A great day for a road race - 0
- Fishermen say lie-detector test keeps Winni Derby honest - 2
- Some Winni Derby fishermen report seeing smaller catches - 1
- Tour de Breakfast fuels about 466 who bicycled, walked to work - 0
- Gail Fisher's Dog Tracks - A scary spring sight: Dogs hanging out of open car windows - 0
- Hancock trio creates book to help rescue pet birds - 0
- Dick Pinney's Guidelines: Mixing business and pleasure while in Maine - 0
- A Family Promise holding talent search for fall fundraiser - 0
Mind your (flea-market) manners
Hooksett Police Commission walks away
A great day for a road race
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack