'Disney's Aladdin Jr.' in Derry on Friday and Saturday
This stage adaptation of the Disney hit film is filled with magic, mayhem, and flying carpet rides as well as an Academy Award-winning score with songs including "A Whole New World" and "Friend Like Me."
"Our young directors work incredibly hard and put in many long hours to make these shows a great experience for both the cast and the audience," said Pam Rodgers, 'Aladdin' producer and Kids Coop Theatre's president.
Directing Disney's "Aladdin Jr." is Londonderry High School junior Marc Lussier, 16. Music Director Rebecca ("Bekka") Beland, 18 of Derry, is a senior at Pinkerton Academy.
Choreographer Rachelle Choiniere is a home-schooled 16-year-old from Hudson. Together they direct a cast of 31 kids ages eight to 17 from Derry, Londonderry, Danville, Pelham, Hudson, Hampstead and Windham. The Young Directors are mentored by professional directors Maureen Mansfield and Marilyn Olbrict.
Tickets are $10 at kids-coop-theatre.org.
Arts & Entertainment
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pelham High nurse named School Nurse of the Year - 0
- MAKE SURE IT'S ME Opens at West End Studio Theatre - 0
- Harmonica Master James Cotton forced to postpone May 25 Londonderry Performance - 0
- Our Gourmet: A touch of mystery, flavors of the Orient at Soho in Hudson - 0
- Group continues effort to expand Cotton Valley Trail in Broofield - 0
- For Bedford girl, exploring the world in geography bee a ‘great thing to do’ - 0
- Loon Mountain Resort Unleashes New Obstacles for July 13 Monster Mud Run - 0
- Location Change for N.H. Fish and Game Commission Meeting June 12 - 0
- Jim Beauregard's Tasting Notes: Samuel Adams makes its can debut - 0
Reviving the Piscataqua River Wherry
Memorial Day Observances 2013
Congo war's legacy follows survivor to NH
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs