'Disney's Aladdin Jr.' in Derry on Friday and Saturday
This stage adaptation of the Disney hit film is filled with magic, mayhem, and flying carpet rides as well as an Academy Award-winning score with songs including "A Whole New World" and "Friend Like Me."
"Our young directors work incredibly hard and put in many long hours to make these shows a great experience for both the cast and the audience," said Pam Rodgers, 'Aladdin' producer and Kids Coop Theatre's president.
Directing Disney's "Aladdin Jr." is Londonderry High School junior Marc Lussier, 16. Music Director Rebecca ("Bekka") Beland, 18 of Derry, is a senior at Pinkerton Academy.
Choreographer Rachelle Choiniere is a home-schooled 16-year-old from Hudson. Together they direct a cast of 31 kids ages eight to 17 from Derry, Londonderry, Danville, Pelham, Hudson, Hampstead and Windham. The Young Directors are mentored by professional directors Maureen Mansfield and Marilyn Olbrict.
Tickets are $10 at kids-coop-theatre.org.
Arts & Entertainment
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Here comes the sun' – Summer Season at the Casino Ballroom - 0
- Weekend Top 10 Planner - 0
- James 'Superharp' Cotton bring blues to Tupelo - 0
- Strawbery Banke Museum pays tribute to military past and present - 0
- Newmont Military Band conjures sights, sounds of earlier century - 0
- Trial lawyers recount Whitey Bulger case, 'Departed' film screened at Red Rivers - 0
- It's a bard-worthy ShakesBEERience - 0
- Hundreds of Monadnock Region students team with professional musicians - 0
- Dartmouth musicians tackle 'Mahler boot camp' - 0
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
Weekend Top 10 Planner
New Hampshire Club News