Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Manchester police warn of thieves taking metal, appliances from vacant buildings
Police said thieves are going beyond stealing copper piping. A building manager reported Sunday that thieves had taken not only piping but also stainless-steel appliances, including a refrigerator, range and dishwasher from a Laval Street property.
A number of thefts in late February included copper pipe and 25 radiators from a Concord Street property, piping from a Krakow Street building and copper piping from a Lafayette Street property, although there was little water damage because the water had been turned off.
Thieves are also targeting new construction, including a Pleasant Pond Way home where copper piping was removed from the basement along with a compressor, nail gun and battery charger belonging to the contractor.
Manchester police urge owners of vacant property to make every effort to secure their property properly and check on it regularly.
Residents are asked to be aware of vacant buildings in their neighborhoods and contact police immediately if they notice any suspicious activity.
Anyone with information on the reported thefts should contact the Manchester Police Department at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards can be made though Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ex-Goffstown teacher indicted on sexual assault charges - 0
- Claremont police identify suspect in three armed robberies - 0
- Three boys accused of vandalizing Lakes Region Boys and Girls Club - 0
- Confessed burglar tells investigators pair 'did it for the thrill' - 0
- Bow man robbed at gunpoint near YMCA - 0
- Sex offender sought for failing to register turns himself in - 0
- Raymond man convicted in second sexual assault case - 0
- Champagne dream leads to job applicant’s arrest - 1
- Wanted Vermont man evading capture allegedly tried to run over officer - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424