May 24, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Manchester police warn of thieves taking metal, appliances from vacant buildings
Police said thieves are going beyond stealing copper piping. A building manager reported Sunday that thieves had taken not only piping but also stainless-steel appliances, including a refrigerator, range and dishwasher from a Laval Street property.
A number of thefts in late February included copper pipe and 25 radiators from a Concord Street property, piping from a Krakow Street building and copper piping from a Lafayette Street property, although there was little water damage because the water had been turned off.
Thieves are also targeting new construction, including a Pleasant Pond Way home where copper piping was removed from the basement along with a compressor, nail gun and battery charger belonging to the contractor.
Manchester police urge owners of vacant property to make every effort to secure their property properly and check on it regularly.
Residents are asked to be aware of vacant buildings in their neighborhoods and contact police immediately if they notice any suspicious activity.
Anyone with information on the reported thefts should contact the Manchester Police Department at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards can be made though Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Portsmouth drug raid nets four arrests for sale of heroin - 0
- Manchester Market clerk robbed by man armed with knife - 0
- Man who spent days under Salem woman's trailer recording sentenced to prison - 2
- Man sought for attempting to lure girl into white van near Nashua school - 0
- Lawyer who made porn videos of teenage daughter gets 40 years in jail - 33
- Trial delayed for Epping man charged with shooting romantic rival - 9
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 3
- Somersworth man indicted for Market Basket robbery in Epping - 1
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Gosselin stepping down as city AD - 0
- Lackey sharp as Red Sox pound Cleveland, Masterson - 0
- Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford netmen earn spot in state final - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather this weekend may be more like Veterans Day - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Memorial Day services, events around NH
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424