June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Manchester police warn of thieves taking metal, appliances from vacant buildings
Police said thieves are going beyond stealing copper piping. A building manager reported Sunday that thieves had taken not only piping but also stainless-steel appliances, including a refrigerator, range and dishwasher from a Laval Street property.
A number of thefts in late February included copper pipe and 25 radiators from a Concord Street property, piping from a Krakow Street building and copper piping from a Lafayette Street property, although there was little water damage because the water had been turned off.
Thieves are also targeting new construction, including a Pleasant Pond Way home where copper piping was removed from the basement along with a compressor, nail gun and battery charger belonging to the contractor.
Manchester police urge owners of vacant property to make every effort to secure their property properly and check on it regularly.
Residents are asked to be aware of vacant buildings in their neighborhoods and contact police immediately if they notice any suspicious activity.
Anyone with information on the reported thefts should contact the Manchester Police Department at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards can be made though Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police investigate cause of injuries to Seabrook family - 0
- Kingston man sentenced for sexually assaulting boy - 0
- Lancaster man, 24, indicted in alleged fight with police - 0
- Rochester woman arrested for alleged underage party - 0
- Jailed Danville man convicted for impersonating public defender - 0
- Nashua neighborhood shaken by elderly couple's murder - 0
- NH man killed ex-wife's husband, self, Vermont police say - 0
- Recent 'Fugitive of the Week' Michelle Smith captured in Nashua - 1
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Road to Recovery helps America's heroes - 0
- Valenti Modified Series back at it - 0
- Seabrook scores in OT to give Blackhawks win, series tie - 0
- Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 23
- Hellickson, Rays handcuff Red Sox - 0
- Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air - 0
- Fisher Cats drop second straight - 0
- Troubles mount for Patriots' Hernandez - 0
- New Hampshire Religion News in Brief - 0
Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air
Tax credit math: Who owns your money?
Drones and privacy: Debate just taking off
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424