Nov 6, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Manchester police warn of thieves taking metal, appliances from vacant buildings
Police said thieves are going beyond stealing copper piping. A building manager reported Sunday that thieves had taken not only piping but also stainless-steel appliances, including a refrigerator, range and dishwasher from a Laval Street property.
A number of thefts in late February included copper pipe and 25 radiators from a Concord Street property, piping from a Krakow Street building and copper piping from a Lafayette Street property, although there was little water damage because the water had been turned off.
Thieves are also targeting new construction, including a Pleasant Pond Way home where copper piping was removed from the basement along with a compressor, nail gun and battery charger belonging to the contractor.
Manchester police urge owners of vacant property to make every effort to secure their property properly and check on it regularly.
Residents are asked to be aware of vacant buildings in their neighborhoods and contact police immediately if they notice any suspicious activity.
Anyone with information on the reported thefts should contact the Manchester Police Department at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards can be made though Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ferguson protests enter third day; arrests in St. Louis - 0
- Abuse history at Nashua address where 3-year-old died - 2
- Franklin robbery suspect sought, considered armed and dangerous - 0
- Franklin man and woman arraigned for attempted prostitution of minor - 0
- Police investigating death of 3-year-old girl in Nashua - 7
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 1
- Police say woman stole pocketbook at Hudson Market Basket - 0
- Police say former manager of Hudson McDonald's stole $10k from restaurant - 1
- Manchester man facing two aggravated felonious sexual assault charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl will go as scheduled - 0
- Red Sox think they got free agent signings right this time - 0
- Turkey Bowls: Passion always on the menu - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl: Crusaders aim to rewrite history - 0
- Dave Solomon's Power Plays: Who knew what and when in PSNH scrubber case? - 0
- Story of Marine Memorial at Hampton Beach begins with Bill Downs - 0
- Immigrants include ethnic dishes at their Thanksgiving table - 0
- Puritans in America: Daniel Webster on religion's role - 0
- Mitt Romney is out front, but says he's not running again - 0
Person found dead in Manchester alley
On being American: A point for reflection
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483