Apr 19, 2014
Apr 10, 2014
Apr 3, 2014
Mar 12, 2014
Manchester police warn of thieves taking metal, appliances from vacant buildings
Police said thieves are going beyond stealing copper piping. A building manager reported Sunday that thieves had taken not only piping but also stainless-steel appliances, including a refrigerator, range and dishwasher from a Laval Street property.
A number of thefts in late February included copper pipe and 25 radiators from a Concord Street property, piping from a Krakow Street building and copper piping from a Lafayette Street property, although there was little water damage because the water had been turned off.
Thieves are also targeting new construction, including a Pleasant Pond Way home where copper piping was removed from the basement along with a compressor, nail gun and battery charger belonging to the contractor.
Manchester police urge owners of vacant property to make every effort to secure their property properly and check on it regularly.
Residents are asked to be aware of vacant buildings in their neighborhoods and contact police immediately if they notice any suspicious activity.
Anyone with information on the reported thefts should contact the Manchester Police Department at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards can be made though Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Four burglaries reported in Manchester on Thursday - 0
- Manchester woman arrested twice in two days - 0
- Police say trio used Craigslist to lure, rob contractor - 7
- Burglars take $210K in cash from safe in Salem home - 0
- Judge rejects new rape trial for ex-Salem planning board member - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man accused of writing company checks to himself - 0
- Police say man clocked doing 100 on Route 11 in Wilmot - 0
- Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales - 5
- Student brings knife into Nashua school - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Memory of bombings remains vivid for those who were there - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: No power play in aldermanic chambers, mayor in good spirits - 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH's top prospects happy to be part of Boston - 0
- Relative newcomers vie for Boston title - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: New Hampshire makes a big deal about Boston Marathon - 0
- Another View - Ahad Fazelat: How Medicare reimbursement numbers are misleading - 0
- 'He is risen': 'As he said' - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917