Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Manchester police notice rise in thefts of copper
On Laval Street, police on Sunday found the copper pipes and stainless-steel kitchen appliances gone from a vacant building. The building manager reported that the refrigerator, range and dishwasher were removed from the kitchen and the copper piping was cut from the basement.
On Concord Street, all the copper piping and radiators were removed from the building. Police took a report March 26 from the owner of that building, which was also vacant. Police estimated that several thousand dollars worth of copper piping were removed from the building, as well as approximately 25 radiators valued at over $3,000.
On Feb. 23, police investigated a report on Krakow Street where a small amount of copper piping was removed from the basement. On Feb. 22, police took a report at Pleasant Pond Way in a new home under construction, where copper piping was removed from the basement. Also stolen were several of the contractor's tools , including a compressor, nail gun and battery charger.
On Feb. 20, police said another vacant home on Lafayette Street was entered and copper piping removed form the basement. There was also some water damage, although they said it appeared the water was shut off before the pipes were removed.
Police are warning homeowners with vacant property to be sure to secure their property and check it regularly. Residents are requested to contact police immediately if they notice any suspicious activity, especially in vacant buildings.
Anyone with information on these reported thefts is asked to contact Manchester Police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards can be made though Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 8
- Manchester woman accused of driving on sidewalk chasing boyfriend - 17
- Vehicle stops in Manchester yield 3 drug arrests - 5
- Pelham had employed finance head charged with embezzlement - 0
- Two in Keene robbed at home - 0
- Mass. man accused in sex assault of teen in Nashua - 0
- Police seek 4 teens for Manchester robbery - 1
- Manchester man charged in forklift theft - 0
READER COMMENTS: 23
- Police looking for information about blood on Pelham road - 0
- UNH drops Saturday night game to BC, 2-1 - 0
- Patriots stun Cleveland in another wild comeback - 0
- Mass. man says he may have seen missing Conway girl on video - 1
- 'Unprepared' Canadian hikers rescued from Mt. Washington - 1
- Vemont pair killed, Sunapee man hurt in crash on I-89 in Lebanon - 0
- Napoli returns to Boston with two-year deal - 0
- Celtics come up big against Nuggets - 0
- Johnson honored for sixth NASCAR title - 0
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use
UPDATE: 2 dead in I-89 crash in Lebanon, highway northbound restricted to one lane as of 8:20 p.m.
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
UNH lecturers seek to unionize
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424