Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Manchester police notice rise in thefts of copper
On Laval Street, police on Sunday found the copper pipes and stainless-steel kitchen appliances gone from a vacant building. The building manager reported that the refrigerator, range and dishwasher were removed from the kitchen and the copper piping was cut from the basement.
On Concord Street, all the copper piping and radiators were removed from the building. Police took a report March 26 from the owner of that building, which was also vacant. Police estimated that several thousand dollars worth of copper piping were removed from the building, as well as approximately 25 radiators valued at over $3,000.
On Feb. 23, police investigated a report on Krakow Street where a small amount of copper piping was removed from the basement. On Feb. 22, police took a report at Pleasant Pond Way in a new home under construction, where copper piping was removed from the basement. Also stolen were several of the contractor's tools , including a compressor, nail gun and battery charger.
On Feb. 20, police said another vacant home on Lafayette Street was entered and copper piping removed form the basement. There was also some water damage, although they said it appeared the water was shut off before the pipes were removed.
Police are warning homeowners with vacant property to be sure to secure their property and check it regularly. Residents are requested to contact police immediately if they notice any suspicious activity, especially in vacant buildings.
Anyone with information on these reported thefts is asked to contact Manchester Police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards can be made though Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Judge hikes bail in sex assault, child porn case - 0
- Judge declines to order mistrial in Derry sex assault case - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Police say homeless man stole car, struck pedestrian - 0
- Police investigating pizza store burglary in Plaistow - 0
- Salem police searching for Dunkin Donuts robber who wore Obama Halloween mask - 2
- Information sought in Keene hair salon burglary attempt - 0
- Two men arrested in Nashua armed robbery - 0
- Elderly Dover woman victim of paving scam, police say - 1
- Man charged with sex assault, sticking woman with hypodermic needle - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- School's out for voters - 0
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 6
- Brown, Shaheen run hardest where support is deepest - 0
- Jonathan E. Benedict - 0
- Drew Cline: GOP missed opportunities could mean trouble on Tuesday - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Demaryius Thomas is x-factor for Broncos' offense - 0
- College Football: Big Green ready for tussle with Harvard - 0
- UNH Notebook: Albany is much improved - 0
- MVP Bumgarner rides to the rescue for Giants' third World Series win in five years - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer
The Obamaconomy: Shea-Porter shows its flaw
Trump fired up over NH mailer
20141029-Stephanopoulos to moderate final NH Senate debate despite ties to Shaheen operative
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483