Home » News » Public Safety
Milk tanker slides off I-89 in Sutton
The crash happened about 3:35 a.m. at mile marker 29.6, between Exits 11 and 10, according to state police.
Frederick Steinhour, 59, of Enosburg, Vt., was driving the fully loaded tractor-trailer tanker truck owned by McDermott's Inc. when he lost control and the truck slid off the left shoulder, rolling onto the driver's side. Steinhour was not injured in the crash.
State troopers from Troop D, Troop G and the Commercial Motor Vehicle Enforcement unit, as well as members of the state Department of Environmental Services, were on scene. Traffic is reduced to one lane in the area of the crash as crews work to remove the truck, which is expected to take several hours.
The crash remains under investigation. State police said one factor being investigated is the possibility the road had iced up since overnight temperatures were hovering around freezing.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Expectant couple's deaths in Lebanon crash probed - 0
- AG finds no new criminal conduct for ex-New London police chief - 1
- Newington accident victim succumbs to her injuries - 0
- Police check out bomb threat at Sanborn Regional High - 0
- I-293 North ramp reopens in Manchester - 1
- Father not convinced girl in video is Abigail Hernandez - 0
- Police looking for information about blood on Pelham road - 0
- Mass. man says he may have seen missing Conway girl on video - 5
- 'Unprepared' Canadian hikers rescued from Mt. Washington - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Town's Visiting Nurse Service to get new lease on life in 2014 - 0
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
- In Portsmouth, ACA primer fails to draw much interest - 0
- Heating fuel assistance funding cuts draw ire of Rep. Kuster - 0
- Nashua aldermen vote for new leadership - 0
- Negotiations with city teachers collapse; Gatsas to take over talks - 0
- Wildcats hockey team falls from national rankings - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Another battle looms for Gronk - 0
- Former Kennett quarterback bowl-bound as BC lineman - 0
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
Ads go after Shea-Porter for ACA support
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072