Home » News » Public Safety
Milk tanker slides off I-89 in Sutton
The crash happened about 3:35 a.m. at mile marker 29.6, between Exits 11 and 10, according to state police.
Frederick Steinhour, 59, of Enosburg, Vt., was driving the fully loaded tractor-trailer tanker truck owned by McDermott's Inc. when he lost control and the truck slid off the left shoulder, rolling onto the driver's side. Steinhour was not injured in the crash.
State troopers from Troop D, Troop G and the Commercial Motor Vehicle Enforcement unit, as well as members of the state Department of Environmental Services, were on scene. Traffic is reduced to one lane in the area of the crash as crews work to remove the truck, which is expected to take several hours.
The crash remains under investigation. State police said one factor being investigated is the possibility the road had iced up since overnight temperatures were hovering around freezing.
READER COMMENTS: 25
- Extreme skier's handgun found, returned to him - 8
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
- Barrington home destroyed in two-alarm blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Legal Perspective -- Health care decision making: Pending legislation fills gap - 0
- GoShopNH offers workshop to NH artisans on selling their products online - 0
- Christopher Thompson's Closing the Deal: Be a student of your profession - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Lacrosse: Bedford proving Division I-worthy - 0
- NHIAA Baseball: Londonderry's Corey escapes seventh-inning jam in win - 0
- Pope presides at Vatican Mass leading Catholics into Easter - 0
- Top-ranked B's seek to tie up series - 0
- Bottoms up for Red Sox in win over Orioles - 0
- Struggling Fisher Cats defeated again - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire