Home » News » Public Safety
Milk tanker slides off I-89 in Sutton
The crash happened about 3:35 a.m. at mile marker 29.6, between Exits 11 and 10, according to state police.
Frederick Steinhour, 59, of Enosburg, Vt., was driving the fully loaded tractor-trailer tanker truck owned by McDermott's Inc. when he lost control and the truck slid off the left shoulder, rolling onto the driver's side. Steinhour was not injured in the crash.
State troopers from Troop D, Troop G and the Commercial Motor Vehicle Enforcement unit, as well as members of the state Department of Environmental Services, were on scene. Traffic is reduced to one lane in the area of the crash as crews work to remove the truck, which is expected to take several hours.
The crash remains under investigation. State police said one factor being investigated is the possibility the road had iced up since overnight temperatures were hovering around freezing.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
- Derry police continue to look for missing gun left in courthouse bathroom - 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 2
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
- Barrington man, 41, dies in cycle crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Last call at home for Fisher Cats tonight - 0
- Jessica Goldman was on the move - 0
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 0
- Drew Cline: Small sleights of hand in Republican primaries around NH - 0
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 0
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 0
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Shaheen takes on illegal immigration - 0
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate