Home » News » Public Safety
Milk tanker slides off I-89 in Sutton
The crash happened about 3:35 a.m. at mile marker 29.6, between Exits 11 and 10, according to state police.
Frederick Steinhour, 59, of Enosburg, Vt., was driving the fully loaded tractor-trailer tanker truck owned by McDermott's Inc. when he lost control and the truck slid off the left shoulder, rolling onto the driver's side. Steinhour was not injured in the crash.
State troopers from Troop D, Troop G and the Commercial Motor Vehicle Enforcement unit, as well as members of the state Department of Environmental Services, were on scene. Traffic is reduced to one lane in the area of the crash as crews work to remove the truck, which is expected to take several hours.
The crash remains under investigation. State police said one factor being investigated is the possibility the road had iced up since overnight temperatures were hovering around freezing.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 4
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
- Motorcyclist flown to Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Affair, threats alleged in Weare police chief investigation - 11
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 7
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 17
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'