Home » Sports » Hockey » Bruins/NHL
Seguin's two goals pace Bruins in win over Leafs
Patrice Bergeron had a goal and two assists and Anton Khudobin turned aside 25 shots as the Bruins snapped the Maple Leafs' three-game winning streak and improved to 7-1-1 in their last nine games.
David Krejci also scored and Brad Marchand collected two assists for Boston, which beat Toronto for the second time this season after sweeping all six matchups in 2011-12.
Nazem Kadri and Jay McClement scored and Ben Scrivens made 21 saves for the Maple Leafs, who fell to 9-5-0 away from home. It was Kadri's sixth goal in four games.
Goals by Seguin and Krejci in the second period gave the Bruins a 3-1 lead, but McClement pulled Toronto within a goal with 5:08 to play. Seguin clinched the victory with an empty-net tally with 15 seconds remaining.
GAME NOTEBOOK: Seguin's three-point night gave him 16 points in 14 games against the Maple Leafs. ... Toronto RW Colton Orr and Bruins LW Daniel Paille each played in their respective 400th career game. ... The ceremonial first puck was dropped by 95-year-old Milt Schmidt, a Hall of Famer who played 16 seasons for Boston and later coached the team.
READER COMMENTS: 46
- Ignorance abounds: Obamacare and small businesses - 25
- Mayor development: Growth and a Manchester city office - 1
- Page One Editorial: Control of NH’s future: Today’s House vote will be one for the ages - 17
- Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands - 9
- Missing the point: The IRS scandal and state power - 27
- Helping panhandlers: A method worth trying in Manchester - 7
- For the people: A century of the NH primary - 0
- What innovation? The casino way is the lazy way - 10
- Not so merry: Giving Robin Hood a bad name - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Gosselin stepping down as city AD - 0
- Lackey sharp as Red Sox pound Cleveland, Masterson - 0
- Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford netmen earn spot in state final - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather this weekend may be more like Veterans Day - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Memorial Day services, events around NH
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty
Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions