Home » Sports » Hockey » Bruins/NHL
Seguin's two goals pace Bruins in win over Leafs
Patrice Bergeron had a goal and two assists and Anton Khudobin turned aside 25 shots as the Bruins snapped the Maple Leafs' three-game winning streak and improved to 7-1-1 in their last nine games.
David Krejci also scored and Brad Marchand collected two assists for Boston, which beat Toronto for the second time this season after sweeping all six matchups in 2011-12.
Nazem Kadri and Jay McClement scored and Ben Scrivens made 21 saves for the Maple Leafs, who fell to 9-5-0 away from home. It was Kadri's sixth goal in four games.
Goals by Seguin and Krejci in the second period gave the Bruins a 3-1 lead, but McClement pulled Toronto within a goal with 5:08 to play. Seguin clinched the victory with an empty-net tally with 15 seconds remaining.
GAME NOTEBOOK: Seguin's three-point night gave him 16 points in 14 games against the Maple Leafs. ... Toronto RW Colton Orr and Bruins LW Daniel Paille each played in their respective 400th career game. ... The ceremonial first puck was dropped by 95-year-old Milt Schmidt, a Hall of Famer who played 16 seasons for Boston and later coached the team.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sanbornton voters add money back into budget - 0
- Sanbornton voters say no to SB 2 - 0
- Old building, new roads on Peterborough warrant - 0
- Sanbornton to vote again on SB2 - 0
- Employee pay, dump trucks key Sanbornton warrant - 0
- Proposed New London budget shows 3 percent increase - 0
- Conway voters ok school budget, but reject teacher's contract - 0
- Ortega, Barnes reelected to Merrimack School Board - 0
- Merrimack polls open today - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Senate removes student IDs as indisputable ID for voting - 0
- Somersworth man indicted for Market Basket robbery in Epping - 0
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 1
- White powder in Salem shipping container posed no serious risks - 0
- 65 mph OK for E-ZPass drivers with opening of new lanes at Hooksett toll plaza - 2
- Updated: NH Senate kills House-passed gas, tobacco tax hikes - 5
- Senate Finance Committee rejects Medicaid expansion - 13
- Man wielding pipe robs Cumberland Farms in Goffstown - 0
- Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
State’s stand-your-ground law intact
Pease chosen to receive refueling tanker