Home » Sports » Hockey » Bruins/NHL
Seguin's two goals pace Bruins in win over Leafs
Patrice Bergeron had a goal and two assists and Anton Khudobin turned aside 25 shots as the Bruins snapped the Maple Leafs' three-game winning streak and improved to 7-1-1 in their last nine games.
David Krejci also scored and Brad Marchand collected two assists for Boston, which beat Toronto for the second time this season after sweeping all six matchups in 2011-12.
Nazem Kadri and Jay McClement scored and Ben Scrivens made 21 saves for the Maple Leafs, who fell to 9-5-0 away from home. It was Kadri's sixth goal in four games.
Goals by Seguin and Krejci in the second period gave the Bruins a 3-1 lead, but McClement pulled Toronto within a goal with 5:08 to play. Seguin clinched the victory with an empty-net tally with 15 seconds remaining.
GAME NOTEBOOK: Seguin's three-point night gave him 16 points in 14 games against the Maple Leafs. ... Toronto RW Colton Orr and Bruins LW Daniel Paille each played in their respective 400th career game. ... The ceremonial first puck was dropped by 95-year-old Milt Schmidt, a Hall of Famer who played 16 seasons for Boston and later coached the team.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bruins win Game 7 in overtime in epic comeback - 2
- Bruins’ scoring woes continue; series finale tonight - 0
- Goalie Reimer brilliant against Bruins as Leafs force Game 6 - 0
- Krejci 'tricks' Toronto, Bruins one win from advancing - 0
- Bruins beat Toronto for series lead - 0
- Bruins strong out of the gate, beat Toronto to open playoffs - 0
- History means nothing in Bruins-Leafs series - 0
- Senators drop Bruins - 0
- Capitals top Bruins in OT - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Marine think tank to move to former Great Bay campus - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: Lots to love about NH road race/triathlon scene - 0
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win - 0
- College Baseball: Ravens outlast Penmen in 13 to survive another day - 0
- Three Fisher Cat hurlers combine to pitch shutout - 0
- Lakes Region, Great Bay CC hold commencement ceremonies - 0
- UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice' - 0
- Berlin man dies while kayaking - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lebanon College graduates 19