Home » Sports » Hockey » Bruins/NHL
Seguin's two goals pace Bruins in win over Leafs
Patrice Bergeron had a goal and two assists and Anton Khudobin turned aside 25 shots as the Bruins snapped the Maple Leafs' three-game winning streak and improved to 7-1-1 in their last nine games.
David Krejci also scored and Brad Marchand collected two assists for Boston, which beat Toronto for the second time this season after sweeping all six matchups in 2011-12.
Nazem Kadri and Jay McClement scored and Ben Scrivens made 21 saves for the Maple Leafs, who fell to 9-5-0 away from home. It was Kadri's sixth goal in four games.
Goals by Seguin and Krejci in the second period gave the Bruins a 3-1 lead, but McClement pulled Toronto within a goal with 5:08 to play. Seguin clinched the victory with an empty-net tally with 15 seconds remaining.
GAME NOTEBOOK: Seguin's three-point night gave him 16 points in 14 games against the Maple Leafs. ... Toronto RW Colton Orr and Bruins LW Daniel Paille each played in their respective 400th career game. ... The ceremonial first puck was dropped by 95-year-old Milt Schmidt, a Hall of Famer who played 16 seasons for Boston and later coached the team.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Page One Editorial: Control of NH’s future: Today’s House vote will be one for the ages - 17
- Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands - 9
- Missing the point: The IRS scandal and state power - 25
- Helping panhandlers: A method worth trying in Manchester - 7
- For the people: A century of the NH primary - 0
- What innovation? The casino way is the lazy way - 10
- Not so merry: Giving Robin Hood a bad name - 4
- Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse - 15
- Underestimating NH: Gun control picks two wrong targets - 35
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Senate kills House-passed gas, tobacco tax hikes - 0
- Senate Finance Committee rejects Medicaid expansion - 5
- Man wielding pipe robs Cumberland Farms in Goffstown - 0
- Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win - 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 29
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
- Manchester Community College graduates told ‘speak your minds’ - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire