Home » Sports » Hockey » Bruins/NHL
Seguin's two goals pace Bruins in win over Leafs
Patrice Bergeron had a goal and two assists and Anton Khudobin turned aside 25 shots as the Bruins snapped the Maple Leafs' three-game winning streak and improved to 7-1-1 in their last nine games.
David Krejci also scored and Brad Marchand collected two assists for Boston, which beat Toronto for the second time this season after sweeping all six matchups in 2011-12.
Nazem Kadri and Jay McClement scored and Ben Scrivens made 21 saves for the Maple Leafs, who fell to 9-5-0 away from home. It was Kadri's sixth goal in four games.
Goals by Seguin and Krejci in the second period gave the Bruins a 3-1 lead, but McClement pulled Toronto within a goal with 5:08 to play. Seguin clinched the victory with an empty-net tally with 15 seconds remaining.
GAME NOTEBOOK: Seguin's three-point night gave him 16 points in 14 games against the Maple Leafs. ... Toronto RW Colton Orr and Bruins LW Daniel Paille each played in their respective 400th career game. ... The ceremonial first puck was dropped by 95-year-old Milt Schmidt, a Hall of Famer who played 16 seasons for Boston and later coached the team.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Vin Sylvia: Cup Final has 'classic' written all over it - 0
- Bruins draw even with win in another OT thriller - 1
- B's 'encouraged' by Horton - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: We're well on our way to an epic series - 0
- Blackhawks nip Bruins in 3OT; 5th longest game in Stanley Cup final history - 0
- What Blackhawks can expect from Bruins - 0
- Richards' return to Kings nearly a storybook ending - 0
- McQuaid's goal gives Bruins a sweep and a Finals berth - 1
- Blackhawks crown Kings to take 3-1 series lead - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Russian national indicted over phony debit, credit cards - 0
- Road to Recovery helps America's heroes - 0
- Valenti Modified Series back at it - 0
- Seabrook scores in OT to give Blackhawks win, series tie - 0
- Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 29
- Hellickson, Rays handcuff Red Sox - 0
- Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air - 0
- Fisher Cats drop second straight - 0
- Troubles mount for Patriots' Hernandez - 0
Manipulating NH: Bloomberg and the terrorist
House and Senate reach budget accord
Tax credit math: Who owns your money?
Drones and privacy: Debate just taking off