Home » Sports » College Sports
College Sports Roundup: Former Central standout Bakolas helps Bentley to title
Bakolas, a sophomore, scored on a layup after the Ravens had cut Bentley's lead to five. She then came down with a rebound and fed teammate Kelsey Roberson for a 3-pointer that helped salt away the game.
Plymouth State 17, St. Joseph College 6: Brett Miller of Salem had two goals and two assists for the Panthers in their win in Portland, Maine.
Dowling College 12, SNHU 6: At Brookhaven, N.Y., Cameron Joyce scored three goals for Southern New Hampshire University (0-3) in a non-conference tilt at Dowling (2-1).
St. Leo 5, St. Anselm 3: At St. Leo, Fla., Dan Lagasse had two hits and two RBIs as St. Anselm dropped a back-and-forth contest on Thursday night. James Farrington pitched into the seventh inning, giving up five runs on 11 hits. St. Leo is 13-6 overall, while the Hawks dropped to 2-8-1.
Wayne State 6, SNHU 3: The top doubles team of Mitch Dobek and Mike Wallace prevailed for the Penmen.
READER COMMENTS: 15
- Another View -- Glenn Normandeau: Protecting endangered non-game species a NH success story - 1
- Charles Krauthammer: Redacted truth, subjunctive outrage - 0
- David Harsanyi: Get the IRS out of the speech business altogether - 10
- Another View -- Ryan Gallagher: The U.S. government spies on reporters all too frequently - 4
- John Stossel: Who has true grit anymore? - 0
- Another View: New Hampshire would take a risky bet on casinos - 7
- Ramesh Ponnuru: In flextime fight, liberals play to their stereotype - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Benghazi's smoking guns - 1
- Another View: Nashua does need to conduct its own review of commuter rail - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Schimpf homers twice, Fisher Cats win in Portland - 0
- Londonderry blanks Exeter for third shutout in a row - 0
- Bird's nest may have caused house fire in Hudson - 0
- New Ipswich man burned in garage fire, flown to Boston - 0
- Sen. Rand Paul in NH: Too early for judgments in IRS probe - 1
- Rabid raccoons in Hanover raise ‘rabies season’ concerns - 0
- Wanted fugitive arrested by U.S. Marshals in Manchester - 0
- Gregg named CEO of Wall Street lobbying group - 1
- Portsmouth woman faces up to life in prison in fatal overdose - 0
Town may have to fix grave error
Not so merry: Giving Robin Hood a bad name