Nov 6, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Merrimack sex offender arrested for possessing child pornography
Police say Keith R. Burns, 40, of 11 Camp Sargent Rd., was arrested this week and charged with seven counts of child pornography and one count of the unlawful use of a computer.
Burns, a tier-three registered sex offender, was released from the New Hampshire State Prison nearly five years ago. According to police, Burns was committed in 2003 for a period of five years as a result of sexual crimes against children.
This week's arrest was prompted after detectives from the Jackson County Oregon Sheriff's Office and representatives from the Internet Crimes Against Children agency notified local police about a 13-year-old girl from Oregon who had been the target of a Granite State suspect, according to a release.
"Oregon authorities conducted an investigation and discovered that the female victim had been coaxed into sending nude photographs of herself to a person whom she initially thought was a male in his teens," said police.
Local police furthered the investigation and determined the photos had been sent to a computer device allegedly owned and operated by Burns.
A search warrant was executed on Wednesday, and Burns was arrested on the numerous felony charges on Thursday, said police.
"Merrimack police do expect that additional charges will be filed through the Hillsborough County Attorney's Office at the superior court once the computer devices have been forensically analyzed," authorities said in a statement.
Burns was arraigned Thursday at the 9th Circuit Court District Division in Merrimack. He is being held on $30,000 cash bail, and will return to court for a probable cause hearing on Thursday.
The investigation, which is ongoing, was a coordinated effort between Merrimack, Milford and Portsmouth police, in addition to authorities from the Jackson County Oregon Sheriff's Office and the Internet Crimes Against Children.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Judge OKs early release for former teacher convicted of possessing child porn - 0
- Nashua man indicted for allegedly shooting girlfriend - 0
- Manchester 7-Eleven robbed for fourth time - 0
- Manchester couple faces robbery, theft charges after Salem mall incident - 0
- Chainsaw-wielding man facing multiple charges over Sept. incident - 0
- Woman faces assault charge after Monopoly game gets out of hand - 16
- Plea deal gives shooter 15-30 years in 2012 death of Manchester man - 0
- Missouri governor urges calm ahead of grand jury decision on shooting; findings to be announced at 9 p.m. - 0
- Two Manchester brothers indicted in Nashua drive-by shooting - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: It took a while, but now they're on Wright track - 0
- Newmarket blacksmith has forged a career shaping the elementsof steel - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 0
- Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass. - 0
- H.S. Football Power Poll: No doubt - Astros finish on top - 0
- College Hockey: Wildcats home to RPI on Tuesday night - 0
- Manchester school board OK's contract for driver’s ed program - 0
- Unrest erupts after grand jury decides against charges in Ferguson, Mo., shooting - 3
- Malkin, Crosby foil Bruins in overtime - 0
Sources say former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be tapped as Franklin Pierce president
Clinton has 'historic' lead in poll
Tough task for NH budget writers
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Teacher 'thrilled' at being reinstated
Paul, Christie share lead in primary poll
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483