Home » News » Public Safety
Woman identified in Exeter concrete plant fire; death ruled a homicide
Authorities said Amanda "Amy" Warf, 36, was found dead inside the plant at 2 Hampton Road Thursday morning when firefighters arrived to put out a fire on the second floor.
Following an autopsy performed Friday, Chief Medical Examiner Dr. Thomas A. Andrew determined the manner of her death was homicide.
The cause of her death has not been released, pending further investigation.
A member of Warf's family said the family had no comment on the death when contacted by the New Hampshire Union Leader earlier Friday.
State and local investigators returned to the closed City Concrete facility Friday morning to continue their search for clues into the murder.
Authorities have not said how long the body is believed to have been inside the abandoned City Concrete plant or its condition when firefighters arrived.
Firefighters were unaware of the body when they were first called to the plant after a fire was reported. The case was quickly turned over to the state fire marshal and attorney general's offices after the body was found.
The attorney general's office, state police and Exeter police are being assisted by the Exeter Fire Department, the State Fire Marshal's Office, and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms.
Anyone with information pertaining to homicide is asked to call state police at 271-3636.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Father of missing Conway teen says he wants custody of his daughter - 0
- Mass. man safe after crashing plane into Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Lebanon police lieutenant resigns during internal probe into faking of fitness test results - 0
- Hampton man still in critical condition from Rte. 125 crash - 0
- UPDATE: Pilot OK after Lake Winnipesaukee plane crash - 0
- Hampton man in critical condition after crash on Route 125 - 0
- Concord water main break diverts traffic - 0
- Claremont convent ravaged by fire to be razed - 0
- Hampton woman pulled from truck, in hospital after I-95 crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Candia teen faces more counts in connection with burglary - 0
- Suspect arrested, loot recovered 10 minutes after Derry bank robbery - 0
- Ellsbury propels Yanks over Sox - 0
- Bruins shut out Wings - 0
- Phaneuf leads Derryfield laxers past Pelham - 0
- High School Volleyball results - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Teen recruited juvenile for burglaries - 0
- Cell phones, speakers stolen in separate incidents - 0
- House committee opposes bill to keep mental health records out of federal gun checks - 0
Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison
High School Volleyball results
Bruins shut out Wings
Shaheen touts land conservation fund
Prepare to pay more to park in Manchester
Secret arrests? Not if we can help it
Latest Groton wind farm fight: Snow plowing