Home » News » Public Safety
Minor injuries for Rochester officer struck while responding to accident
Around 7:18 a.m. police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded to a minor accident along Pickering Road near Nadeau Drive. The officer who responded to this incident reported there was another accident in the area around 7:30 a.m.
As a result, Officer Michael Lambert responded to the second accident. After he arrived at the scene, a northbound 2010 Nissan Sentra, driven by Joyce Blanchette, 46, of Rochester, rear ended his police car.
While Blanchette was uninjured, paramedics transported Lambert to Frisbie Memorial Hospital.
The Sentra, which sustained heavy front-end damage, had to be towed from the scene. This accident remains under investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 0
- Asphalt truck overturns in Jaffrey - 0
- Police to educate Manchester motorists on distracted driving - 6
- Bird's nest may have caused house fire in Hudson - 1
- New Ipswich man burned in garage fire, flown to Boston - 0
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Boat crash in Tuftonboro investigated - 0
- Driving lesson turns into car accident in Laconia - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Berlin building - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police seek Food Mart robber - 1
- White Sox lefty Quintana shuts down Red Sox - 0
- Manchester mayor to oversee economic development office - 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 21 - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford rolls in NHIAA tennis tournament opener - 0
- Franklin Pierce to play Shippensburg in Div. II baseball World Series - 0
- Amendola getting up to speed with Patriots - 0
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Londonderry’s double threat - 0
- No curbside collections in Manchester on Monday - 0
Manchester police seek Food Mart robber
Reviving the Piscataqua River Wherry
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death