Most of Friday's NHIAA tourney events still on
The Division I boys' basketball game pitting Bedford at top-seeded Trinity of Manchester - schools located less than seven miles from each other - was rescheduled for 4 p.m. Saturday. The other three quarterfinals remain scheduled for Friday at 7 p.m., however, as does the Division II girls' final between Lebanon and Portsmouth at Southern New Hampshire University.
Tonight's three boys' quarterfinals include seventh-seeded Bishop Guertin of Nashua at No. 2 Manchester Central, No. 4 Nashua South at No. 12 Dover and No. 11 Exeter at No. 3 Spaulding of Rochester.
Bedford is seeded eighth but is one of the hottest teams in the state, having won seven straight games and 10 of its last 11, including a 60-42 victory over Winnacunnet of Hampton in the first round of the tournament.
READER COMMENTS: 6
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 0
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 1
- Task force arrests man in Nottingham for Candia burglary - 1
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 0
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 0
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840