NHIAA Roundup: Dunham lifts Nashua South in OT
NHIAA Div. I Boys' Basketball: Boykin lifts BG over Central
Dunham stayed hot in the postseason, hitting four 3-pointers. The No. 4 Purple Panthers (16-4) face Trinity of Manchester or Bedford on Tuesday at 7:30 p.m. at Lundholm Gym in Durham. Trinity hosts Bedford today at 4 p.m.
Tim Preston canned two free throws with 1.9 seconds remaining to ice the victory. Preston had 19 points, and Jack Preston chipped in 13. Dover's Billy Carroll netted 17 points, and Josh Cate had 15 points with four 3-pointers to pace the 12th-ranked Green Wave (9-11).
Spaulding 50, Exeter 45: At Rochester, 11th-seeded Exeter staged a dramatic fourth-quarter rally after trailing by as many as 15 points in the third quarter, but the Blue Hawks were plagued by missed free throws that stymied the upset bid. The visitors, who outscored the third-seeded Red Raiders by a margin of 17-9 in the fourth quarter, converted just 5-of-21 foul shots in the game.
After gaining a 31-22 halftime lead, Spaulding added to its advantage with a 10-6 third quarter. Dominic Paradis keyed the winners with 16 points in the game, and Alex Gray added 11. However, Exeter's Zack Holler and Tyler Russ, who finished with 15 and 13 points respectively, netted five points each in the fourth, while Spaulding could muster just two baskets.
Spaulding shot less than 50 percent from the free throw line as well, making 10-of-21 attempts. The Red Raiders missed nine free throws in the fourth and were guilty of seven turnovers. Spaulding meets No. 7 Bishop Guertin of Nashua in semifinal action as the D-I tournament continues.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Competitors vie for heptathlon, decathlon titles - 0
- Rosters set for NH/Vt. lacrosse games - 0
- Sibling rivalries abound on track for decathlon, heptathlon - 0
- Coaches' All-Division girls' lacrosse teams - 0
- NH Boys' Lacrosse Coaches Association all-division teams - 0
- Former SNHU athletic director Chip Polak says he's Trinity's new AD - 2
- John Habib's High School Track: New England meet was Coe-Brown’s day in sun - 0
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Unpredictable endings spice up NHIAA baseball, softball tournaments - 0
- Ian Clark's High School Lacrosse: Moving experiences - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 2
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 2
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 4
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?