NHIAA Roundup: Dunham lifts Nashua South in OT
Dunham stayed hot in the postseason, hitting four 3-pointers. The No. 4 Purple Panthers (16-4) face Trinity of Manchester or Bedford on Tuesday at 7:30 p.m. at Lundholm Gym in Durham. Trinity hosts Bedford today at 4 p.m.
Tim Preston canned two free throws with 1.9 seconds remaining to ice the victory. Preston had 19 points, and Jack Preston chipped in 13. Dover's Billy Carroll netted 17 points, and Josh Cate had 15 points with four 3-pointers to pace the 12th-ranked Green Wave (9-11).
Spaulding 50, Exeter 45: At Rochester, 11th-seeded Exeter staged a dramatic fourth-quarter rally after trailing by as many as 15 points in the third quarter, but the Blue Hawks were plagued by missed free throws that stymied the upset bid. The visitors, who outscored the third-seeded Red Raiders by a margin of 17-9 in the fourth quarter, converted just 5-of-21 foul shots in the game.
After gaining a 31-22 halftime lead, Spaulding added to its advantage with a 10-6 third quarter. Dominic Paradis keyed the winners with 16 points in the game, and Alex Gray added 11. However, Exeter's Zack Holler and Tyler Russ, who finished with 15 and 13 points respectively, netted five points each in the fourth, while Spaulding could muster just two baskets.
Spaulding shot less than 50 percent from the free throw line as well, making 10-of-21 attempts. The Red Raiders missed nine free throws in the fourth and were guilty of seven turnovers. Spaulding meets No. 7 Bishop Guertin of Nashua in semifinal action as the D-I tournament continues.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rivier University in Nashua aims to transform campus with $4 million plan - 0
- Move to Concord eyed for offices of university system - 5
- Nashua in running for education grant - 0
- Teacher cuts proposed in Londonderry - 21
- Derry school district expects 2014-15 25-student enrollment increase - 0
- Derry teacher who brings science to life a national award finalist - 0
- Londonderry sophomore has a passion for the past - 0
- Students take part in seminar on privacy at Nashua North - 0
- Londonderry kids learn while doing on Toga Tuesday - 0
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Police: Body found in Portsmouth creek not missing UNH student - 0
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 1
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
- Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden - 1
- Hanover’s Grabill named top regional soccer coach - 0
Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden
Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released