Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
Police looking for man behind Walmart bomb scare in Rochester
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded at 9:39 p.m. after receiving a report that there was an explosive device in the store or its parking lot at 116 Farmington Road -Route 11. By the time authorities arrived, the store's staff and customers had already evacuated.
Investigators believe two men in a black Chevy Suburban "announced the information of the possible explosive device in the parking lot over some sort of speaker system," according to police.
Police and members of the New Hampshire State Police Bomb Squad K-9 team searched the building and around the parking lot, but did not find any explosives. As a result, the store was turned back over to management, according to police.
Anyone with information about the incident is encouraged to contact officer Justin Seckendorf at 330-7128. Anonymous tips can also be submitted to the Rochester Crime Line at 335-6500 or via text at CRIMES (274637) Body of Text: TEXT4CASH + your tip. Cash rewards are offered for information that leads to an arrest.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Supreme Court: Indigent woman entitled to state-funded services - 0
- Following drug bust, questions raised about Manchester pizza restaurant - 1
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Fathers of injured teens pleased with order sending back Coco to jail - 0
- Exeter man arraigned in pair of Portsmouth armed robberies - 0
- Pa. man will go to trial for two-state chase - 0
- Arrest made in fake Nashua bomb threat - 0
- Two of Gregory Smart's killers nearing release - 15
- Speeding stop leads to drug and alcohol charges for Nashua men - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson - 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917