2013 Loeb Educational Grant applications available online
The $5,000 prize was named for William and Nackey S. Loeb, the late publishers of the New Hampshire Union Leader and New Hampshire Sunday News. The Loebs worked tirelessly to sustain the autonomy of New Hampshire's largest daily newspaper, and this year's grant will go to the person who best exemplifies their spirit of independence and journalistic integrity.
High school seniors as well as current college students, regardless of age, are encouraged to apply. The application deadline is April 1.
The Loeb Educational Grant is open to any individual who has been a New Hampshire resident for at least two years and plans to attend a post-secondary education program. For more information, contact Katie McQuaid at email@example.com.
The mission of Union Leader Charitable Fund, a not-for-profit corporation established in 2006, is to provide charitable support to social and humanitarian groups, causes and individuals, including programs for literacy, education and other community needs in New Hampshire. Union Leader Charitable Fund serves the community in all of its activities without discrimination based on race, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, religious affiliation, creed, marital status, veteran status, national or ethnic origin.
Katie McQuaid Cote of the Union Leader Corp., 100 William Loeb Drive, Manchester, NH 03109, 494-3505.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Secret arrests? Not if we can help it - 5
- Process and law: Foster's questionable circumvention - 1
- The courage of Boston: The courage of America - 1
- Downhill: Obamacare vs. ski areas - 24
- 'He is risen': 'As he said' - 1
- A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data - 10
- City budget talk: How about solutions instead? - 2
- Death & justice: Officer Briggs is not forgotten - 7
- Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start - 7
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry councilors critical of town’s economic development website - 0
- Candia teen faces more counts in connection with burglary - 0
- Suspect arrested, loot recovered 10 minutes after Derry bank robbery - 0
- Ellsbury propels Yanks over Sox - 0
- Bruins shut out Wings - 0
- Phaneuf leads Derryfield laxers past Pelham - 0
- High School Volleyball results - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Teen recruited juvenile for burglaries - 0
- Cell phones, speakers stolen in separate incidents - 0
Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison
Shaheen touts land conservation fund
High School Volleyball results
Bruins shut out Wings
Prepare to pay more to park in Manchester
Secret arrests? Not if we can help it
Latest Groton wind farm fight: Snow plowing