NHIAA Div. II boys' basketball: Souhegan upsets Portsmouth
Souhegan, the No. 7 seed, advanced to face No. 3 Lebanon, a 61-34 winner over Bishop Brady of Concord, in Wednesday's semifinals at the University of New Hampshire's Lundholm Gymnasium.
Services were held at Souhegan one week after Barksdale, a Boston University student, was found unconscious at an off-campus apartment and rushed to the hospital, where he died a few hours later. The Souhegan team attended the service, during which head coach Mike Heaney was one of the speakers.
In other Division II quarterfinals, top-ranked and unbeaten Pembroke Academy beat No. 8 Pelham, 47-35, and No. 13 Coe-Brown Northwood Academy ousted No. 12 Windham, 54-39.
Pembroke will face Coe-Brown in the 7:30 semifinal, after Souhegan takes on Lebanon at 6 p.m.
Pembroke 47, Pelham 35
Pelham: R. Frank 3-0-6; A. Newton 1-1-5; B. Pomerleau 1-0-2; J. Vaiknoras 5-4-15; J. Slattery 1-0-2; J. Lapolice 2-1-5.
Three-pointers: Newton, Vaiknoras
Pembroke: Dominic Timbas 4-2-10; Matt Persons 1-0-2; Kafarni Williams 7-2-16; Pat Welch 1-4-6; Rene Maher 3-6-13
Pelham (11-9) 8-13-10-4-35
Pembroke (23-0) 12-9-11-13-47
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Memorial boys take city track meet for 10th straight year - 0
- NHIAA Baseball: Pinkerton beats Trinity in key game - 0
- Kevin Gray's H.S. Lacrosse: It's not easy facing West - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Trinity's Currier stops Nashua North - 0
- Campbell nine edges Hopkinton - 0
- Goffstown boys, Hollis/Brookline girls post baseball, softball wins - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Derryfield wins Division III lacrosse showdown - 0
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: North’s win streak just keeps growing - 0
- John Habib's Track & Field: 'If Coby can do it, so can I' - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice' - 0
- Berlin man dies while kayaking - 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
- Stonyfield founder tells FPU grads to ask, 'Why not?' - 0
- NH troopers help Boston victims - 0
- Tiny Thomas More College class urged to be courageous - 0
- New president named at FIRST - 0
- NH Military People: NH woman graduates from Air Force training - 0
- Lebanon College graduates 19 - 0
Lawyer says Northern Pass in 'a corner'
Hooksett Police Commission walks away
Mass. men arrested on drugs, weapons charges
Nashua school parking surprise
NH vote nears on expansion of Medicaid
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse