NHIAA Div. II boys' basketball: Souhegan upsets Portsmouth
Souhegan, the No. 7 seed, advanced to face No. 3 Lebanon, a 61-34 winner over Bishop Brady of Concord, in Wednesday's semifinals at the University of New Hampshire's Lundholm Gymnasium.
Services were held at Souhegan one week after Barksdale, a Boston University student, was found unconscious at an off-campus apartment and rushed to the hospital, where he died a few hours later. The Souhegan team attended the service, during which head coach Mike Heaney was one of the speakers.
In other Division II quarterfinals, top-ranked and unbeaten Pembroke Academy beat No. 8 Pelham, 47-35, and No. 13 Coe-Brown Northwood Academy ousted No. 12 Windham, 54-39.
Pembroke will face Coe-Brown in the 7:30 semifinal, after Souhegan takes on Lebanon at 6 p.m.
Pembroke 47, Pelham 35
Pelham: R. Frank 3-0-6; A. Newton 1-1-5; B. Pomerleau 1-0-2; J. Vaiknoras 5-4-15; J. Slattery 1-0-2; J. Lapolice 2-1-5.
Three-pointers: Newton, Vaiknoras
Pembroke: Dominic Timbas 4-2-10; Matt Persons 1-0-2; Kafarni Williams 7-2-16; Pat Welch 1-4-6; Rene Maher 3-6-13
Pelham (11-9) 8-13-10-4-35
Pembroke (23-0) 12-9-11-13-47
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Salem teachers, school board agree to two-year contract - 0
- Hillside Middle School is state winner in Samsung science contest - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 1
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 10
- John Stark's 'We the People' gears up for civics competition - 0
- MCC students get hands-on experience building Manchester home - 0
- Manchester board holds off seeking $22m for building projects - 0
- Nashua survey reveals class sizes as major issue - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Top NH political pros to head new Boston office of nationally-known consulting firm
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Driver was trying to kill himself