NHIAA Div. II boys' basketball: Souhegan upsets Portsmouth
Souhegan, the No. 7 seed, advanced to face No. 3 Lebanon, a 61-34 winner over Bishop Brady of Concord, in Wednesday's semifinals at the University of New Hampshire's Lundholm Gymnasium.
Services were held at Souhegan one week after Barksdale, a Boston University student, was found unconscious at an off-campus apartment and rushed to the hospital, where he died a few hours later. The Souhegan team attended the service, during which head coach Mike Heaney was one of the speakers.
In other Division II quarterfinals, top-ranked and unbeaten Pembroke Academy beat No. 8 Pelham, 47-35, and No. 13 Coe-Brown Northwood Academy ousted No. 12 Windham, 54-39.
Pembroke will face Coe-Brown in the 7:30 semifinal, after Souhegan takes on Lebanon at 6 p.m.
Pembroke 47, Pelham 35
Pelham: R. Frank 3-0-6; A. Newton 1-1-5; B. Pomerleau 1-0-2; J. Vaiknoras 5-4-15; J. Slattery 1-0-2; J. Lapolice 2-1-5.
Three-pointers: Newton, Vaiknoras
Pembroke: Dominic Timbas 4-2-10; Matt Persons 1-0-2; Kafarni Williams 7-2-16; Pat Welch 1-4-6; Rene Maher 3-6-13
Pelham (11-9) 8-13-10-4-35
Pembroke (23-0) 12-9-11-13-47
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Elementary students in Farmington offered seven habits of healthy kids - 0
- Afterschool activities canceled in Jaffrey - 0
- Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs - 15
- Texting + driving = deadly consequences - 0
- Deerfield teacher honored by national science organization - 0
- Institute of Art graduates its largest class in Manchester - 0
- UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos - 23
- Lakes Region, Great Bay CC hold commencement ceremonies - 0
- UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice' - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 0
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Last-minute lobbying frantic as House prepares for casino vote - 1
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 4
- FBI agent kills Florida man during questioning about Marathon bombing suspect - 1
- Police seek man they say passed counterfeit bill at Manchester mall - 1
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- For now, no more breakfasts in Manchester's Veterans Park - 11
License revocations for DWI announced
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs