NHIAA Div. II boys' basketball: Souhegan upsets Portsmouth
Souhegan, the No. 7 seed, advanced to face No. 3 Lebanon, a 61-34 winner over Bishop Brady of Concord, in Wednesday's semifinals at the University of New Hampshire's Lundholm Gymnasium.
Services were held at Souhegan one week after Barksdale, a Boston University student, was found unconscious at an off-campus apartment and rushed to the hospital, where he died a few hours later. The Souhegan team attended the service, during which head coach Mike Heaney was one of the speakers.
In other Division II quarterfinals, top-ranked and unbeaten Pembroke Academy beat No. 8 Pelham, 47-35, and No. 13 Coe-Brown Northwood Academy ousted No. 12 Windham, 54-39.
Pembroke will face Coe-Brown in the 7:30 semifinal, after Souhegan takes on Lebanon at 6 p.m.
Pembroke 47, Pelham 35
Pelham: R. Frank 3-0-6; A. Newton 1-1-5; B. Pomerleau 1-0-2; J. Vaiknoras 5-4-15; J. Slattery 1-0-2; J. Lapolice 2-1-5.
Three-pointers: Newton, Vaiknoras
Pembroke: Dominic Timbas 4-2-10; Matt Persons 1-0-2; Kafarni Williams 7-2-16; Pat Welch 1-4-6; Rene Maher 3-6-13
Pelham (11-9) 8-13-10-4-35
Pembroke (23-0) 12-9-11-13-47
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sanbornton voters add money back into budget - 0
- Sanbornton voters say no to SB 2 - 0
- Old building, new roads on Peterborough warrant - 0
- Sanbornton to vote again on SB2 - 0
- Employee pay, dump trucks key Sanbornton warrant - 0
- Proposed New London budget shows 3 percent increase - 0
- Conway voters ok school budget, but reject teacher's contract - 0
- Ortega, Barnes reelected to Merrimack School Board - 0
- Merrimack polls open today - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Recent 'Fugitive of the Week' Michelle Smith captured in Nashua - 0
- UPDATED: Senate, House negotiators mull compromise plan to narrowly align state insurance rules with 'Obamacare' - 1
- Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 17
- UPDATE: Salem student receives minor injuries in bus crash - 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 3
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 12
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 4
Tax credit math: Who owns your money?
Drones and privacy: Debate just taking off