NHIAA Div. II boys' basketball: Souhegan upsets Portsmouth
Souhegan, the No. 7 seed, advanced to face No. 3 Lebanon, a 61-34 winner over Bishop Brady of Concord, in Wednesday's semifinals at the University of New Hampshire's Lundholm Gymnasium.
Services were held at Souhegan one week after Barksdale, a Boston University student, was found unconscious at an off-campus apartment and rushed to the hospital, where he died a few hours later. The Souhegan team attended the service, during which head coach Mike Heaney was one of the speakers.
In other Division II quarterfinals, top-ranked and unbeaten Pembroke Academy beat No. 8 Pelham, 47-35, and No. 13 Coe-Brown Northwood Academy ousted No. 12 Windham, 54-39.
Pembroke will face Coe-Brown in the 7:30 semifinal, after Souhegan takes on Lebanon at 6 p.m.
Pembroke 47, Pelham 35
Pelham: R. Frank 3-0-6; A. Newton 1-1-5; B. Pomerleau 1-0-2; J. Vaiknoras 5-4-15; J. Slattery 1-0-2; J. Lapolice 2-1-5.
Three-pointers: Newton, Vaiknoras
Pembroke: Dominic Timbas 4-2-10; Matt Persons 1-0-2; Kafarni Williams 7-2-16; Pat Welch 1-4-6; Rene Maher 3-6-13
Pelham (11-9) 8-13-10-4-35
Pembroke (23-0) 12-9-11-13-47
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Goffstown team to beat in NHIAA Div. II baseball tourney - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford rolls in NHIAA tennis tournament opener - 0
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Londonderry’s double threat - 0
- Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone - 0
- John Habib's High School Track: North boys loom as favorites in Division I meet - 0
- Londonderry blanks Exeter for third shutout in a row - 0
- NHIAA Division I baseball tourney picture about to become clear - 1
- NHIAA Tennis: Bedford is championship-focused - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Hanover's Cravero hurls another no-hitter - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Senate kills House-passed gas, tobacco tax hikes - 0
- Senate Finance Committee rejects Medicaid expansion - 5
- Man wielding pipe robs Cumberland Farms in Goffstown - 0
- Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win - 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 29
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
- Manchester Community College graduates told ‘speak your minds’ - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire