Two injured breaking up dogfight in Manchester
The yellow Labrador retriever and a pitbull were walking on opposite sides of Jewett Street when the pitbull broke free from its owner, ran across the street and attacked the other dog, Manchester police Lt. Mike Hurley said.
The owner of the pitbull was trying to separate the dogs and was joined by a passerby who saw the dogs fighting.
Both men received bite wounds to their hands and the Lab was also taken to a veterinarian for treatment. Animal control was investigating and would decide whether charges are warranted, Hurley said.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Peterborough's renovated Adams Pool to open in June - 0
- Supreme Court says Manchester man who lost towed car while hospitalized can sue - 4
- Powerball jackpot: Another chance at the (your) golden ticket - 1
- Endowment established for Milford support organization Bridges - 0
- Flags to fly at half-staff Wednesday and Friday - 0
- NH Lottery games debut Mother's Day - 0
- Marathon bomber's body entombed in undisclosed location - 1
- Powerball jackpot grows to $270 million for Saturday - 0
- NH Preservation Alliance honors 10 for protecting historic treasures - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Berlin man dies while kayaking - 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
- Stonyfield founder tells FPU grads to ask, 'Why not?' - 0
- NH troopers help Boston victims - 0
- Tiny Thomas More College class urged to be courageous - 0
- New president named at FIRST - 0
- NH Military People: NH woman graduates from Air Force training - 0
- Lebanon College graduates 19 - 0
- Oxbow captures Preakness Stakes - 0
Lawyer says Northern Pass in 'a corner'
Hooksett Police Commission walks away
Mass. men arrested on drugs, weapons charges
Nashua school parking surprise
NH vote nears on expansion of Medicaid
- Should NH outlaw puppy mills?
- Total Votes: 37