Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Police: Child molested in Plaistow Walmart aisle
Plaistow police are hoping the public can help them identify this man wanted in connection with an assault at the Plaistow Walmart. (COURTESY)
Police were called to the store at 58 Plaistow Road (Route 125) just before 8 p.m. to investigate and learned that the victim was allegedly assaulted after a parent briefly lost sight of her, Deputy Police Chief Kathleen Jones said.
According to police, a male stranger approached the girl in an aisle in the toy department and touched her inappropriately in the genital area before fleeing the store.
The girl immediately reported the incident to an assistant store manager, said Jones, who called the assault an isolated incident.
"The suspect was either out looking to commit a crime like this or he was in the store and the opportunity presented itself when he saw the child in the toy aisle," Jones said.
While the girl wasn't physically hurt, the victim received medical treatment as a precaution.
Police described the suspect as a white male with glasses and short blond hair who was wearing a black shirt and black pants with a gray-colored hooded, front-zip sweatshirt.
Jones said police are following leads, but are asking for the public's help in identifying the suspect through surveillance camera photographs allegedly showing him and his vehicle.
Police said the vehicle appears to be a grey or beige Chevrolet pickup truck with a long bed and a Massachusetts license plate.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Plaistow Police Department at 382-1200.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 0
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
- Store cashier in Littleton refuses to give up the cash to robber - 0
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Manchester man tells judge pills aren’t his - 0
- Hannaford parking lot encounter involved a shotgun - 34
READER COMMENTS: 6
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 0
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 1
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 0
- UPDATE: Dover toll plaza appears undamaged after Tuesday crash - 2
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 2
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424