Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Police: Child molested in Plaistow Walmart aisle
Plaistow police are hoping the public can help them identify this man wanted in connection with an assault at the Plaistow Walmart. (COURTESY)
Police were called to the store at 58 Plaistow Road (Route 125) just before 8 p.m. to investigate and learned that the victim was allegedly assaulted after a parent briefly lost sight of her, Deputy Police Chief Kathleen Jones said.
According to police, a male stranger approached the girl in an aisle in the toy department and touched her inappropriately in the genital area before fleeing the store.
The girl immediately reported the incident to an assistant store manager, said Jones, who called the assault an isolated incident.
"The suspect was either out looking to commit a crime like this or he was in the store and the opportunity presented itself when he saw the child in the toy aisle," Jones said.
While the girl wasn't physically hurt, the victim received medical treatment as a precaution.
Police described the suspect as a white male with glasses and short blond hair who was wearing a black shirt and black pants with a gray-colored hooded, front-zip sweatshirt.
Jones said police are following leads, but are asking for the public's help in identifying the suspect through surveillance camera photographs allegedly showing him and his vehicle.
Police said the vehicle appears to be a grey or beige Chevrolet pickup truck with a long bed and a Massachusetts license plate.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Plaistow Police Department at 382-1200.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Weekly brother gave police wrong name - 0
- AG: Woman shot by police executing federal search warrant expected to live - 3
- Manchester men charged with drive-by shooting in Nashua - 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
- Police say woman broke into Hollis home and took pictures - 0
- Addiction treatment doctor gets restricted license - 0
- Newmarket man charged with sex assault of 12-year-old girl - 0
- Wife charged with stabbing husband during argument - 0
- Imprisoned pair could add to their already lengthy sentences if found guilty of assault - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two felony charges for alleged Portsmouth drug dealer - 0
- Education business tax credit program upheld; Hassan asks lawmakers to repeal the law - 3
- Owner sought after fatal pitbull attack near Tuckerman Ravine - 2
- Big smiles as Market Basket customers and workers return - 9
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Patnode poised to win NH Weekly Series crown - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Last call at home for Fisher Cats tonight - 0
- Jessica Goldman was on the move - 0
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 1
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917